Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tracy seyffert Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
    Names on deeds
    I thought my husband had a share on his mum and dads mortgage but he is not on the deeds and he had life cover on the house if anything happens 2 he has past away I signed the paper
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2013, 01:26 PM
    I have no idea what you just said. Your husband couldn't have life insurance that covered a mortgage if he didn't owe on the mortgage.

Is that your question?

May 11, 2013, 01:33 PM
    What I mean is would my husband be on the deeds of the because he got a loan 2 make the house bigger I don't understand
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 11, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Usually a bank will not issue a mortgage to someone who is not on the deed. But it happens.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2013, 01:36 PM
    No, he wouldn't necessarily be on the Deed. Have you checked the Deed? Whose name is on it?

You say loan and you say mortgage - which is it?

May 11, 2013, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No, he wouldn't necessarily be on the Deed. Have you checked the Deed? Whose name is on it?

You say loan and you say mortgage - which is it?
    Would be a loan would that he was not the mortgage

May 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Please proofread your post before you submit. Your posts make little sense and we can't help if we can't understand the situation.

May 11, 2013, 01:54 PM
    My husband took out a mortgage on his mum and dads house I thought it would go 3 ways and he had a loan and it got cover on that if he dies it would cover the mortgage he has passed away I need help with this I don't understand what to do next

Please can u help me

May 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
    What does "it got cover on it" mean? Do you think it took an insurance policy out to cover the mortgage balance? If so, you file a claim with the insurance company to pay the balance.

May 11, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    What does "it got cover on it" mean? Do you think it took an insurance policy out to cover the mortgage balance? If so, you file a claim with the insurance company to pay the balance.
    I have done that what I need 2 know if anything happens to his mum and dad would I get any thing from or not

May 11, 2013, 02:38 PM
    If he had insurance to pay the mortgage, then the balance of the mortgage should be paid in full. However, if his name was not on the deed, then you have no right to the property. Even if his name was on the deed, if it was as a joint tenant with right of survivorship, you still have no interest. The only way you inherit any part of the property is if he is listed as a co-owner in common, then you can inherit his share.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correcting Incorrectly Spelled Names On Warranty Deeds When Discovered Later [ 4 Answers ]

Grantee's name is incorrectly spelled on the warranty deed and the deed is filed. The error is not discovered until the property is being refinanced. What process should be used to fix the error (Corrective Deed? And if so is there a GA statute that gives details?) and who should be involved in...

Deeds in 3 names we have got a buyer for the housegood price sister won't sell [ 6 Answers ]

She has told us she can't afford to move,she can't afford to rent. She is also living rent free. Me and my brother want to sell what can we do, if we take her to court will we end up with the bill. We are going to loose the sale of the house if we just let her stay in the house. Estate Agent won't...

Joint names on house title deeds [ 3 Answers ]

Can you stipulate a percentage share of ownership between two people on a house title deed? Say one person has 70% share, the other 30%... is that possible? Or can this be arranged separately through solicitors?

Deeds in deceased relatives names [ 1 Answers ]

Who owns property if the deed is still in the name of a deceased relative if only one living relative have continued to pay the taxes on the property? Thank you

View more questions Search