Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2fryguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 05:34 AM
    Fever
    My 2yr old has had a fever now for 2 days, been very irritable and hasn't eaten a whole lot. I believe he is teething again(molars this time) should I take him to the dr or just keep alternating ibuprofen/Tylenol?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2013, 05:42 AM
    I definitely would not medicate my child without being told to do so by a Physician. Maybe you're right and it's molars coming in. Maybe you aren't right.

Why take the chance?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 11, 2013, 05:47 AM
    Continue to medicate, but get him to the doctor. The fever has gone on long enough that he should be seen.

Doctors and nurses just hate it when a parent brings their feverish, irritable child to the doctor and they haven't medicated. Why let your child suffer? We TRUST you when you say that your child has a fever.
    2fryguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 06:02 AM
    I called ask a nurse too and I'm going to take him to the dr. Just in case there is an underlying ear infection or something.
    Thanks for your help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 11, 2013, 06:06 AM
    Ear infection is possibly the culprit. Please continue to medicate. I can't tell you the number of patients I've had (when I work in the ER) that don't medicate their children because they want us, the nurses and doctors, to "see the fever." It disgusts me when parents don't put their child out of misery by a simple dose of tylenol or motrin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 10 month old son has been running a fever since Monday went to the Dr on Tuesday said it was ear infection has been on Azithromycin for 3 days now but is still running fever... what should I do

Fever [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 4 years old she has had a fever on and off since Sunday.. she is now sleeping and is whining and crying in her sleep... should I take her to the hospital?

4-Day Low Grade Fever is Now a High Grade Fever (103.5) [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has had a low grade fever (99-101) for 4 days and it jumped from a low grade fever to high fever (103.5) within an hour. He has been getting fluids (Powerade Zero) and taking Advil every 6-8 hours for the last 3 days. The Advil appears to lower his temperature slightly. He complains of...

I have a fever [ 1 Answers ]

Have a fever 100.7 usually run around 97. Am on I've therapy and on day 4 of 5 on zpak 250 what can I take to lower the fever

4 yr old with fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 y/o daughter has been taking azithromycin for the past 3 days. She's been running a fever between 101.4 to 102.1. I'm alternating tylenol with motrin. How long should she be running this fever. She just seems to sleep. She's also has a constant cough that starts in the evening and continues...

View more questions Search