Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kasey32 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 07:49 PM
    Heart Rate/Blood pressure meds.
    Hi, so I have high blood pressure, and I'm taking Atenolol 12.5 mg Twice a day, every 12 hours, and I'm just worried about my heart rate, when I took the first half dose my pluse was around 90. Then it brings it down to 60 when resting, and it stays like that for more than 12 hours, so is it OK for me to take the other half of my pill 12 hours later when my Heart Rate is 60? And will it go Lower if I take my pill - thank you.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

May 13, 2013, 06:26 AM
    That's a question you should ask your doctor
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 13, 2013, 06:29 AM
    Atenolol, a beta blocker, is very well known for decreasing heart rate while doing little for blood pressure in some people.

You will need to discuss this with your doctor and quite possible change to a calcium channel blocker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my heart rate and/or blood pressure dangerous/abnormal? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old female at 5ft5 and weighing 8st9lbs. I had my heart rate taken from laying down, sitting down and standing up and also had my blood pressure taken. Laying down heart rate: 94bpm Sitting down heart rate: 96bpm Standing up heart rate: 105bpm My blood pressure is 106/94...

Blood pressure meds... is it something to do with fertility [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry to jump in on someone else's question but, me and my partner have been having unprotected sex for 10 years now and have never fallen pregnant (thankfully, I'm not looking for that yet), but my doc wanted to check it out and gave me an exam and interogation and thinks I may have blocked tubes...

Heart rate 199 at rest blood pressure 147/112 how bad is that and is this [ 3 Answers ]

A heart problem or high blood pressure. The last couple of days my blood pressure has been high but today my blood pressure has been 147/112 with a pulse of 199 and another blood pressure reading of 141/102 and a heart rate of 122. Is this a heart problem or something else. Ps I have chest pain a...

Changing blood pressure meds [ 5 Answers ]

Following a nuclear test, my heart doctor didn't like the blood pressure meds I've been taking for past 10 years (clonidine/terazosin) and prescribed a different one - atenalol 25mg. But he was not clear about HOW I should make the switch which I have not done yet. Do I suddenly stop clonidine...

Blood pressure flare up even with meds [ 2 Answers ]

THough I am on medication for high blood pressure, every once in a while it flares up and gets out of control, despite my meds. This morning systolic was 165, diastolic 95. I can usually tell when it's that level even without looking at monitor. Usually it stays below 120 with meds. What could it...

View more questions Search