Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

May 10, 2013, 08:39 AM
    Twitter Computer Networking
    If I don't join Twitter but I'm interested in following some people (or celebs) will they know my name and that I am reading their tweets?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 08:40 AM
    You can't follow someone on twitter without joining twitter.

And yes they will know your user name... which doesn't HAVE to be your real name. If you see what I mean.

May 10, 2013, 08:47 AM
    I found the person by going to Google and putting in their name and twitter and actually got their tweets... I'm quite technology challenged so I don't join things I don't completely understand. So I never joined.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 08:55 AM
    If you pick a username you don't use for anything else... and don't use your real name in it... you can do it.

Many people use their real names and have them associated on twitter. But you don't HAVE to.

My Twitter ID isn't tracible to my ID here... and neither are associated with my real name or other usernames I use elsewhere..
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 09:05 AM
    And example... I don't know if you are a man or woman... but it doesn't matter.

Lets assume you are a petite female... you can create an account as Hairy_Lumberjack.

You can use the name Omar Goldberg when you register...

You control how much you give for information... just do NOT link it to your Facebook or any other account.

I link nothing to my Facebook or Twitter accounts for example.

May 10, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    And example.....I don't know if you are a man or woman...but it doesn't matter.

Lets assume you are a petite female.....you can create an account as Hairy_Lumberjack.

You can use the name Omar Goldberg when you register....

You control how much you give for information...just do NOT link it to your facebook or any other account.

I link nothing to my facebook or Twitter accounts for example.
    [B]Maybe I'm not clear in what I'm asking. I'm not asking to join Twitter or to get a user name. I read three people's messages by going to Google and putting
    In their name and twitter next to it. I clicked and it took me to their a/c. My question is, as a non-a/c holder, can that person know that I read their tweets.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammy23 View Post
    [B]Maybe I'm not clear in what I'm asking. I'm not asking to join Twitter or to get a user name. I read three people's messages by going to Google and putting
    in their name and twitter next to it. I clicked and it took me to their a/c. My question is, as a non-a/c holder, can that person know that I read their tweets.
    Now that you clarified it that way... no they can't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Twitter is sending messages to my phone, but I don't have a Twitter? [ 1 Answers ]

So, my Android has an obviously recycled phone number. But this is getting tiresome. I keep getting 40404 Test messages from a Twitter account. It's not spam. I've checked up these accounts, and they do exist. How can I make twitter stop sending me these messages? The messages are often, "Hey...

Facebook, Twitter and Formspring don't load properly on my computer... [ 1 Answers ]

The only way they load at all is if you load them on a secure server (https) but this doesn't work for Formspring, and it's a hassle for the other two anyway. It just suddenley started one day and has continued to do it for about the last two months since. Any ideas? :S

Computer networking [ 1 Answers ]

What is the function of data link layer in the ISO OSI layer?

Computer networking [ 3 Answers ]

How do I connect two computers via ethernet for file sharing?

Computer Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Hello People. I have a problem where I have a speed touch modem and a belkin wireless g router. As its not got a wireless card in PC I used an rj45 to the back and it works wonderful. As you know its designed for wireless and I want to be able to connect my laptop via wireless internet connections....

View more questions Search