Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rodza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Excel
    I have a problem. I have a list about some pupils and I have already linked them another tables as you told me (Because they are in different classes). But now I need to sort these pupils in the main table by their grades. If I do this, it will also effect to another tables, and there would be wrong information. So my question is that can I link by pupil's names? Thank you for your help in advance!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 21, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Yes, you can use the function VLOOKUP to look up a pupil's name in a table and bring back adjacent data about that pupil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet [ 28 Answers ]

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet.

Ask me excel [ 0 Answers ]

Hi guys, I am created the pivot table on excel file. I want to generate the sum of the pivotitem value of those data. I have coded of the following. But shows error. tell me is it correct or not. Dim pvtItm As PivotItem For Each pvtItm In...

How to link multiple excel sheets to one main source excel sheet [ 7 Answers ]

I have a master price list and multiple ( individule ) sheets for customers.. I would like to , when input data in the price list to link and update to all other sheets... ( I do not want to have a source sheet with tabs) Thanks

Excel [ 1 Answers ]

I referenced a group of data from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I plan on deleting some of the information I referenced as it becomes out of date, but it will screw up my formatting in the new sheet if it updates with the referenced cells. Is there a way I can make the information in...

Excel 2007 to have excel 2003 look? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I have Microsoft Excel 2007, from my course at college I have been given instructions to do a task. However these instructions are for excel 2003. How do I change my excel 07 to look like excel 03 so that it is easier. I know there is a way, help greatly appreicated thanks.

View more questions Search