Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicknicknick Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 10:51 PM
    ETG test please help DR.Bill, asap
    DR.Bill

I had one 22oz micro brew (7%alc). I drank this beer slowly over the period of 6-9PM with dinner. The next day I took a UA for my PO at around 6:30PM will this alcohol still show up in the test. I am 5'9 and 160 pound male 24yrs old. I know this was stupid but what are my chances of passing if my PO performs a ETG test. Please let me know DR.Bill and thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 9, 2013, 11:02 PM
    What happens if you fail ?

May 9, 2013, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    What happens if you fail ?
    I will be in trouble most likley

May 9, 2013, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicknicknick View Post
    i will be in trouble most likley
    Do you have any helpful input
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2013, 11:15 PM
    DrBill is no longer answering questions on this site.

May 9, 2013, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    DrBill is no longer answering questions on this site.
    Well anyone else is welcome to help please. Is there anyone out there that could possibly give insight on this

May 9, 2013, 11:27 PM
    Anyone out there.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2013, 11:35 PM
    We have a couple of medical people. One is probably in bed and the other delivers babies on the night shift. I haven't seen either one online during the past few hours. Since this isn't a chat board, you will just have to check back now and then to see if anyone replied. DrBill has said that EtG gives lots of false positives, and there wasn't much time between your drinking and the test, so don't be surprised if you fail.

May 10, 2013, 12:35 PM
    Can anyone provide me with a more definitive answer please.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 12:39 PM
    When do you get the official results?

Nothing can be done at this point -- it's just a waiting game.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 12:41 PM
    Why do you have to know as soon as possible? You either failed or you didn't.

Anyway, you can do your own research - How long does alcohol stay in your blood? - Health questions - NHS Choices

I will say you are going to pass, thereby enabling you to continue to drink and violate the terms of your probation, "fooling" the system.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 01:08 PM
    There is no way to give a definitive answer to this. Just like you, we can guess and speculate.

Considering that people have failed after using hand sanitizer that contains alcohol, I'd say that the fact that you actually consumed alcohol, and then you were tested shortly after the alcohol consumption, that you're likely to fail. But that's just a guess, which is all we can do.

The results of the test are the only thing that will give you a definite answer to your question.

May 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
    I do not know they said it could be a couple weeks. They do all the tests inhouse, they have a centrifuge looking thing. I do not know even if they are going to do a ETG test on it. Do you know if that is something that is normally done.
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 02:45 PM
    I do not know they said it could be a couple weeks. they do all the tests inhouse, they have a centrifuge looking thing. i do not know even if they are going to do a ETG test on it. do you know if that is something that is normally done.
    If what is done? An ETG test? If they said they're performing an ETG, than it's likely that that's what they're doing. I don't understand your question. Can you clarify?

May 10, 2013, 02:46 PM
    I was tested around 21 hours after my last sip of the beer. It took me like 2 hours to finish the entire(one)22oz beer so my BAC should not have been very high.

May 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
    I was just curious if they always do ETG tests or if it is a common test. They did not specifically tell they were going to do an ETG test.

May 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
    They only said they perform a multi panel test I can't remember the exact number in the panel.
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
    i was just curious if they always do ETG tests or if it is a common test. they did not specifically tell they were going to do an ETG test.
    If this is a probationary thing, where your alcohol intake is important, an ETG is a common test.

If they didn't specifically tell you they were doing an ETG, why do you think they are? I've personally never had one done, so I don't know the procedure. I do know that ETG can detect any alcohol intake, even the use of hand sanitizer, or mouth wash, both which contain alcohol. Neither of those products are ingested, but they will show on an ETG. If you actually ingested alcohol, and the test was taken less than 2 days after, I'd guess (and guess is all I can do) that you won't pass.

Really, the only thing you can do is wait and hope. We really can't tell you how this will work out, whether you'll pass or not. Even Dr. Bill couldn't tell you, he could only guess as well. You'll have to wait and see, and hopefully, if you pass this test, you won't put yourself in this situation again. I doubt the stress you're feeling now was worth the beer you had. Right?

I can only wish you good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

May 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
    I have been scared straight AND when I drank that beer I was unaware of any ETG test. Nothing you people tell me is going to be ENABLING me to drink. I am not trying to cheat the system, and I am trying to straighten out the mess I have gotten myself into.

May 10, 2013, 03:00 PM
    They gave me a breathalyzer that I passed so I do not know if they will have any reason to even perform an ETG test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dr. Bill... etg test [ 1 Answers ]

I drank 11 beers on Saturday night between 8pm-1am. Tuesday at 1pm I got tested. Will alcohol show up? I believe the do EtG test.

EtG Test HELP ASAP! 60 Hrs. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! Please help me. I drank on Saturday. Had about 4 (20OZ can) and 4-5 )16OZ draft) bud light beers from 3PM-7PM on Saturday. I have to take a EtG on Tuesday at about 7-8 AM. This is completely new to me. Never have had to take anything like this before. I am about 6 foot and 200 lbs male....

EtG test Dr. Bill [ 1 Answers ]

Dr. Bill I drank 2 12oz beers on Saturday between 10pm and midnight. I have to take an EtG test by 8pm Monday. It's for probation so the cutoff is probably pretty low. It will have been about 40 hours by the time I take the test. I'm 5'11 male 130. Do you think I will pass?

ETG test need answer asap please [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Dr Bill, I would like to know if I drink 2 days in a row Saturday and Sunday,will I be able to pass a ETG test on Friday evening. I will probably start drinking at 9 pm tonight and early tomorrow I'm going to say 6 pm,because I have a wedding to go too. I will stop drinking about 2 am both...

ETG Urine Test for Virginia ASAP [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am enrolled in an ASAP program in Virginia. I had to take a urine alcohol/drug test today at 1:00pm. I drank two 24oz. Icehouses last night about 9:00pm. Before that I have not had anything to drink for at least 6 days. This morning a drank a bunch of water and took a daily vitamin. I...

View more questions Search