Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldengirlsc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 10:32 PM
    My husband kicked me out while I was sick and now wants a divorce.
    My husband and I have been together for twelve years, engaged for seven and married for three. Over a year ago I became very ill and suffered kidney failure. My husband abandoned me while hospitalized I moved temporarily closer to family to finish recovery. When I was ready to come home my husband said no and if I insisted I would be responsible for all bills and the mortgage. I was still in a wheelchair and using a walker. He's sent me three hundred dollars for the last year, my medications are half. He lives in our house, which is in both our names but he is on the mortgage. I have been living in one of my parents rentals because there was no other option. Since I was a homemaker I did not qualify for disability. My family has helped financially as much as possible but it's not their responsibility. Now he wants me to settle for one year alimony for three hundred a month. I cannot afford a lawyer and he is still in control of all the finances. I would appreciate any advice.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 10, 2013, 05:11 AM
    If it's part your house you have the right to occupy it as much as he does.

Find an attorney who will make you husband pay the attorney's fee. That is an option in many locations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband filed for divorce after I left him but won't sign to finalize divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I left my husband after taking physical, emotional, verbal, and mental abuse from him almost 3 years ago now. He filed for divorce over 2 years ago but refuses to sign the final divorce papers so I could get him out of my life once and for all and not be connected in any way to each other. What is...

My husband kicked me out with nothing is there any kind of help I can get? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 58 years old I've been married for almost 3 years lived with him before the marriage for 2 years my husband kicked me out of the house for no reason he is bi-polar takes medications my name is on the van also it was on the checking account we got married in Ohio reside in Minnesota 5...

My common law husband kicked me out! What are my rights? [ 4 Answers ]

My (common law) husbad and I have been living together for almost a year. We split the bills from day 1. We bought the house we're in, but everything is in his name: the title, all bills. Now he wants to break up. What are my rights in this situation? Would I have any rights to stay on the house?

I have kicked my husband out after 3 years of lies.have I done the right thing? [ 58 Answers ]

I met my partner 3 years ago, thought he was Mr Perfect, I then found out 4 months into the relationship that he had another woman on the go... I found out and it all came out and kicked off, all 3 of our lives turned into what felt like a living hell, so much argueing and it affected all our...

Baby hasn't kicked and feeling really sick [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 weeks pregnant and the baby has not kicked in 24 hours. My morning sickness went away at 13 weeks, but since yesterday morning it has returned for two days strait. In the last 5 weeks I have experience dizzy spells and my arms are so sore they feel like they are to fall off. Plus I feel...

View more questions Search