Ask
    sheryn1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 10:05 PM
    Burns
    How do I treat a burn that blistered?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Keep it clean.. and prevent the blister from breaking... otherwise you open the path towards a possible infection. The fluid in it will dry soon enough. Resist any urge to pick at it during the healing process or you will increase the scarring.

If you start seeing puss or other indictaions of an infection... then you deal with that when it happens.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2013, 07:03 AM
    How bad is the burn? What did you burn yourself on? Some burns need medical attention, while others don't.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Of course... I was assuming it's a small burn with nothing more than a blister... as J_9 indicates... more exensive 2nd degree and all 3rd degree burns should be looked at by medical personnel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burns [ 0 Answers ]

Do all first degree burns scar

Help! It burns! [ 5 Answers ]

I used hair removal cream today on my bikini area, I usually just remove all the hair from there and am very careful not to get it inside. Today I wasn't so careful and afterwards, when it was all washed off and I was passing urine, it burnt! Have I done some kind of permanent damage? I always...

Burns when I pee [ 8 Answers ]

Why does it all of the sudden burn when I pee? I haven't had sex in a long time, but I have had a energy drink. I drank a lot and I should be use to it. It only burns at the head area though. Any thoughts or questions?

Cigarette burns [ 1 Answers ]

I was a stupid teenage and thought it'd be cool to burn 5 dots down my upper arm with a cigarette I very much regret it because now it's very noticeable and embarrassing It's been a few years and I never treated them, they first blistered and than healed and now are completely flat but the...

Is there anything for burns? [ 5 Answers ]

I burn myself on a motorcycle on my leg and ankle is there anything for that> and will this leave apermanent scar>? :'(

View more questions Search