Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 10:04 PM
    Does this violate HIPAA
    I have been involved with this girl and it turns out she is the daughter of someone who works at a behavioral health clinic where I am a client is it against the hipaa act for me to date her even though I'm a client??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2013, 05:01 AM
    No its not. However, if her parent were to look up your records without authorization or impart info to the daughter, that would be a violation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I violate hipaa [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I work at the same hospital. He comes to the department that I work in for treatment although I am not directly a part of his care. I frequently check his electronic medical record for results as well as go to all of his apts. With him. I have his permission to do so but this is not...

Should I violate HIPAA [ 4 Answers ]

I work at Women's Health Office and My best friend's 15 year old daughter came in and got a abortion, she didn't need her parents consent. Under HIPAA privacy rule, I cna't tell her mother. I want her mother to know. What should I do? Do I confront the daughter? I know keeping this to myself is...

Did I violate HIPAA? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, last day of my employment was on a Friday. I was unable to get all of my field notes in on time to my employer so I asked if I could keep my field notes and laptop for the weekend and return them in the following week. When I arrived to work the following week to drop off company laptop, my...

Did I violate Hipaa? [ 11 Answers ]

I worked for two agencies caring for people with developmental disabilities. One of our clients that was cared for at job #1 left our agency and was being cared for by a different provider who I also worked for. He had an incident where he fell and he also choked on some food and staff did the...

Did I violate HIPAA Law? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a medical student and was in my last week of school when I had to finish this project. I was suppose to see how this patient was doing. He was still a patient at the hospital but out patient, and instead of going to his house I looked up what operation he had and how his physical theropy...

View more questions Search