Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinlpeck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Starting a cleaning business
    How do I get bonded and insured? And do I need to obtain a license to start up this business?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 06:14 PM
    To get bonded and insured, you need to start contacting insurance agencies and get info and estimates. I don't know where you live so I don't know if you need a license but I do know you need to file for a tax ID# with the federal gov't and file for a state tax ID# with your state. Please check this link. It gives you a step by step process in setting up a business. You can check to see if you qualify for a business loan and they have mentors who donate their time to help new business owners just like you. Good luck in your new venture!

SBA
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Ok, first why do you want to be "bonded" is someone saying that is the only way you can get a cleaning job with them, I would say the majority of cleaning business don't have bonded employees.

You will want liablity insurance, and if you have workers you will need workers comp insurance on them.

On a business license, again that will be a depends on where you live and where you will be working. For example, If you live and your office will be outside the city limits you may not be required to have a city business license ( and that is the only license there is to do business. ** Some places have county business license but not every place.

So you go either to your city license or county license ( or both) department, and they willl have a yearly fee for a licnese doing this type of business.

If you are going to have employess you will need a EIN number from the IRS, and you will have to have not only a business checking account but separate accounts to place employee withholdings in. Your state may also require a state EIN number and if you are collecting sale taxes you will need a state, county and city sales tax numbers, and bank accounts to depoist those moneys in.
    FAREDA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robinlpeck
    how do i get bonded and insured? and do i need to obtain a liscense to start up this business?
    YES
    FAREDA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Where do I get my cleaning business license?
    shirlean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 08:16 AM
    I am female and I want to start a business cleaning vacant houses, after move out or before move in,my be a trash-out cleaning business.
    What do I need to do and have to get started. With little money?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a Cleaning Service. Advice? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm thinking about starting a cleaning service in my area, where I would specialize in cleaning rentals and brand new houses. I am currently out in my area talking to people to see if they think it would be a service they would use. So I really am just in the beginning stages. I'm wondering...

Starting a cleaning service [ 6 Answers ]

Hello experts, Im located in Louisville Ky and I was interested in starting a cleaning service without tuns of money invested. Some of the things I would like to know is were do I start in terms of utilities and supplies, and what are the best markets or clients best suited for this carrer...

Starting cleaning service [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Interested in starting a cleaning service in Georgia. What should I do first? Do I need a business license or a permit? What is the best way to star this business? Can I start this business from home?

Starting a office cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking into starting my own office cleaning business. My question is when your first starting and you have NO current customer's to use as references. How can you tell a potential customer that you have NO customer's at this time, and at the same time assure them you can do the work? ...

View more questions Search