Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrandonNV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2013, 10:42 PM
    How to find my father?
    He is from Honduras, and I have an old pic of him back when he was around 26 27 years old, and also his name. Any ideas of how I can start looking for him, or if I have hope of finding him?
    catlady23 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 07:45 AM
    Facebook. Post the photo, name, etc. And ask people to share it, in hopes of you finding him.

Seems to be the tick now-a-days into getting something done. Social media.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 9, 2013, 09:36 AM
    You need a lot more specifics about where he exactly lived all through his life, your mother's name, how old he was when you were born and when the picture was taken, his birthdate if possible...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2013, 06:58 PM
    Hire an investigator - I doubt a random "friend" that you make will know your father.

May 10, 2013, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Hire an investigator - I doubt a random "friend" that you make will know your father.
    That's good advice! But I still think Facebook would help, that "Friend" can hit the "Share" button, and it COULD possibly go viral.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 09:13 AM
    I wasn't saying it's an either/or situation.

Investigators have sources which people posting on FB do not have.

How do I know? I'm an investigator.

Also, without knowing the age of the person asking I do not recommend posting personal info anywhere.

May 10, 2013, 09:16 AM
    I wasn't saying it's an either/or situation.

Investigators have sources which people posting on FB do not have.

How do I know? I'm an investigator.

Also, without knowing the age of the person asking I do not recommend posting personal info anywhere.
    Ahhh, I see. :) Well help this young person find their father!
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 09:49 AM
    Not without knowing this young person's age.

May 10, 2013, 09:52 AM
    Why do you need to know their age? :/
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 10:18 AM
    Because putting people in touch with each other when one or the other has chosen to remain out of touch is risky business. You cannot predict a reaction. I will not search for anyone under age.

The rejection and/or denial can be devastating. Women lie about who the father is.

I'm sure there are people who will. I'm not one of those people.

May 10, 2013, 10:28 AM
    Because putting people in touch with each other when one or the other has chosen to remain out of touch is risky business. You cannot predict a reaction. I will not search for anyone under age.

The rejection and/or denial can be devastating. Women lie about who the father is.

I'm sure there are people who will. I'm not one of those people.

Oh wow, never thought of that. That's honorable for you to do/not to do so!
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Thanks, but it has nothing to do with honor. It's more about having good work ethics.

May 10, 2013, 10:32 AM
    Thanks, but it has nothing to do with honor. It's more about having good work ethics.
    I think those two terms are hand-in-hand the same definition :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady23 View Post
    Oh wow, never thought of that.
    That's a big problem when you choose to give advice on a site like this. When you responded, you gave no thought to why the OP doesn't know where their father is. Whether they were being honest about the fact that this is their father, or whether the father wanted to be found.

For all we know, the OP is so mad about being abandoned, that the goal is to kill the father. I'm not saying that's the situation, but it could be.

The people who have been answering questions here for a long time (and building up reputation points) know not to just answer a question, but that, sometimes, we need to know the background before answering.

Would like it if some random person was posting your name, picture and other info about you on Facebook and having that info go viral?

May 10, 2013, 08:58 PM
    I am just a kid, no need to be so harsh man.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady23 View Post
    I am just a kid, no need to be so harsh man.
    Scott wasn't being harsh. He was being honest and tried to explain why we don't just jump right into answering every question. We often need background info, like age and maybe country name and more details, so we can give the best possible answer, yet still protect the privacy and safety of the questioner and others who might be involved.
    Uber Member

May 11, 2013, 05:48 AM
    "I am just a kid, no need to be so harsh man."

Scott wasn't being harsh. You can't post on adult boards and then fall back on "I'm just a kid" when you don't like the responses.

You attempted to turn this Q and A thread into a blog.

You second guessed my professional advice.

Now you've criticized Scott, "man."

Not a very good beginning.

May 11, 2013, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Scott wasn't being harsh. He was being honest and tried to explain why we don't just jump right into answering every question. We often need background info, like age and maybe country name and more details, so we can give the best possible answer, yet still protect the privacy and safety of the questioner and others who might be involved.
    I understand, and will try my hardest to ensure that I answer/ask questions among those guidelines. Thank you for your patient, yet informing post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if I find out my son's father isn't actually his biological father? [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant about 5 years ago - I basically ended a relationship and started a new one with someone else so when I found out I was pregnant, I was never sure who's child it was. But I made the decision to marry this guy and we decided not to do a paternity test and to raise him under the...

How to find my father [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, Iv'e been trying to find my father wich I have not seen in 28 years. I know his name and date of birth but still had no luck on the finsind people websites. Does anyone know of any other way I could locate him. None of my family know where he is Thanks Paul

I need to find my father! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm trying to find my dad and I thought it would be easy because he was and probably still is a Florida state trooper, served in the Navy Reserve and the 1990 Gulf War, but I can't find anything! Please help!

Trying to Find My Father [ 20 Answers ]

I have not seen or spoken to my father in a great number of years. I am trying to find his phone number but no luck. His name is Erick Michael Grap. (could go by Rick possibly). His wife's name is Diane Kay Grap. His last known location is either Rocky Mount, NC or Tucumcari, NM. ...

View more questions Search