Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddhalcomb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2013, 04:59 PM
    Diabetic high sugar levels
    How high can your sugar go before one needs insulin shot? I am a diabetic and take both glipizide and metformin to control my sugar. I am schedule to take a CT scan with dye in the morning. I have been off my medicine today and am suppose to be off the medicine for 48 hours after test. I have been Pre-medicated with Benadryl and pedestone for the scan the day before, during, and after. My sugar normally runs around 118-130. I have had little to eat today and my sugar is 280. What should I do?
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

May 8, 2013, 09:00 PM
    Call your Doctor. If that doesn't work, go to a hospital!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean when a non diabetic blood sugar says HI on a meter? [ 1 Answers ]

If a non diabetic sugar reads 423, 562, HI on a glucose meter what does that mean Hi I am a 26 year old woman and for a while I have been sweating profusely, craving sweets, thirsty and exhausted. A close friend of mine noticed that all of this and decided to check my sugar it was HI, 562, 351,...

Addicted to sugar but I'm diabetic [ 8 Answers ]

I know that this seems weird. But I'm a diabetic type 1 and I have been for one year. Beofre I was diagnosed I ate mass amounts of sugar each day. Since I became diabetic I cut down. For example I just ate 4 packs of tic tacs in ten minutes. My blood sugars are always high but I can't stop. I'm...

How many grams of sugar can a diabetic have in one day [ 3 Answers ]

How many grams of sugar can a diabetic have in one day

Diabetes: How much sugar should a diabetic limited to? [ 3 Answers ]

How much sugar should a diabetic be limited to? (gram per day or week?)

View more questions Search