Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catlady23 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Journal entries for adjusted balance
    For bank reconciliation, why are journal entries required on the book side?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2013, 10:49 AM
    Because you had changes to your company's accounts that have not been recorded like interest received or paid. The information comes from a bank statement, which means the bank has posted something in your account that you may or may not know about. For the items you did not know about you have to do an adjusting entry to record the item in your company's accounts so that your bank statement balance will be in agreement with your company's cash account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help on making CPA's adjusted journal entries in QuickBooks? [ 2 Answers ]

So I was given "working papers" by the company's CPA quite awhile ago and I should have asked for help then. He must think I know what to do, he just said, "Please post my adjustments". I don't want to appear stupid but there is a line for Trial Balance Debit, Trial Balance Credit, Adjusted...

Pass Journal Entries , Post entries to ledger and prepare trial balance [ 4 Answers ]

Rajaram quit his job and started woodcraft comopany ( Service Firm) The transactions of the business for September are as follows. Sep 1 Began Business by investing cash Rs 10000 in exchange of 1000 shares 4 Paid two month Rent in advance for a shop Rs 2000 5 Bought Equipment...

Journal Entries, Adjusting Entries, and Trial and Adjusted Trial Balance [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this? I'm confused on how to post these and how to prepare the Adjusted Trial Balance. Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed. July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July...

Adjusted trial balance (entries) [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me with this question, I have added most of the entries for this adjusted trial but don't understand some entries to make. The following list of accounts and their balances represents the unadjusted trial balance of Alt Company at December 31, 2004: Cash $ 32,690 Short-term...

View more questions Search