Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jodiedoll Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 08:03 AM
    A small painful itchy lump on the back of my neck
    I've had a small lump on the back of my neck for a few months now it's a bit sore and always itches and when I move my neck it pulls from my hair line to the lump making it feel tight , I've recently moved and have not registered with a doctor , I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be , thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 7, 2013, 08:55 AM
    Well you really need to have a doctor look at it... because our crystal balls got taken away from us... we can't diagnose people over the internet.

You didn't feel it was important enough to have checked when you still had a doctor... so its not important enough to find out until you can register with a new doctor.

I recommend getting registered for another doctor before something else happens.

And incidentally... people can get melanoma at any age... and you don't want to ignore it for "Several months" if you are ever unfortunate enough to be one of them.
    Jodiedoll Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Well you really need to have a doctor look at it...because our crystal balls got taken away from us.....we can't diagnose people over the internet.

You didn't feel it was important enough to have checked when you still had a doctor...so its not important enough to find out until you can register with a new doctor.

I recomend getting registered for another doctor before something else happens.

And incidently....people can get melanoma at any age....and you don't want to ignore it for "Several months" if you are ever unfortunate enough to be one of them.
    Thanks I know I should have had it checked out I've just been too busy and stressed over other things I've kind of just learned to live with it but I'm going to register with a doctor tommoro.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 7, 2013, 10:45 AM
    Honestly... there are so many things it can be... that we can't guess at... from nothing to worry about at all to very serious and everywhere in between. That's why you need someone who can actually examine you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on back of child's neck [ 4 Answers ]

I have just found a pea sized hard lump on the back of my 3yr old sons neck! It is hard to touch and is located on the right hand side of his neck/ upper spine bone under the skin! Is this anything to worry about and should I bring him to my doctors! My doctor is a bit impatient and hates his time...

Rash on neck, painful lump behind ear [ 2 Answers ]

I have a raised rash on my neck in front, and a painful lump on my scalp behind my ear and the lump sometimes itches. Any ideas?

Small under skin painful lump on left lower leg [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small, under the skin, painful lump on the front of my left shin. It has been there for approximately two weeks. It did not begin to hurt until yesterday. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow, but I thought perhaps someone out there may have had this and might have an explanation for it. ...

View more questions Search