Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tbaby07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Having trouble getting pregnant
    Me and my boyfriend have been trying to conceive for over 2 years and nothing has happen, what should I do I'm almost 23 and I don't understand what the problem is.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Have you ever been on any form of brith control such as pills or the depo shot? Sometimes the effects of these can stay in your body for a couple years after you go off them. Esp. the depo shot. Also, have you been charting your cycle? It is important to know how long your cycle is and when you are ovulating. You are most fertile at the time of ovulation. Getting an ovulation kit or basal thermometer can help to determine this. Your temperature will spike and then return to normal at the time of ovulation. Otherwise the only advice I can give you is to stop thinking about it. I know it sounds strange, but have you ever noticed that the people who weren't expecting pregnancy have an easier time? When you really want something you begin to stress about it, and stress can do some pretty weird things to a woman's body. Read up on charting your cycle. When you have that figured out, then just go woth the flow and not think about it so much. Try talking with your doctor and see if he can give you some pointers. Good Luck!
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Mar 22, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Have you been to your doctors yet?
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Mar 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I feel what your feeling. I haven't been able to get pregnant either, and it's been also 2 yrs. I only used birth control one month (cause my doctor asked me to) but then I got off it.
    I went to the doctor a couple days ago cause my period is already 26 days late they took the blood test and it was negative :( She suggested to keep trying for a couple more months. She said to take my temp every morning.(once my period comes) Take ovulation tests and she asked my husband to go get checked. I might not be you so talk to you husband and ask him to go get checked too. I can't hurt. GOOD LUCK:)
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Mar 22, 2007, 12:10 PM
    I have PCOS( polycystic ovarian syndrome). The doctor said I don't have any cysts but I'm still not ovulating. So he put me on because to regulate my periods and said I can get pregnant within 2-3 months being off it. You should go to the doctor if you haven't already and have some testing done. Also I've been told that if the blood types don't match then you can experience having a hard time getting pregnant. But I'm not sure if that's true or not. Well good luck. Best wishes. :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaby07
    Me and my boyfriend have been trying to conceive for over 2 years and nothing has happen, what should I do im almost 23 and I dont understand what the problem is.
    TWO YEARS and you don't understand the problem?? That can only mean you haven't seen your OB/Gyn and THAT is your problem.

There are any number of reasons you haven't conceived. From not understanding your rhythms so that you know the best time to conceive to infertility on the part of you or your partner. With many possibilities in between.

After the first year of trying you should have made an appt with your OB/Gyn. I would advise a couple to give it no less than 6 months before going through infertility testing. But no longer than after a year. You might have had a preliminary discussion with your OB/Gyn to instruct you on how to tell when you are most fertile.

So, as soon as you finish reading this, get on the phone and make an appt!!
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 09:23 PM
    You both should see a doctor ASAP!! Because most couples get pregnant with in a year of trying.

if everything is fine according to them (and you may need to get second opinions just in case) Try and stay active and eat right, studies show that those who have a BMI (and you can use a BMI calculator to find out what yours is) with a BMI between 20-30 are more likely to get pregnant, but over 25 is considered overwieght, so I would aim under that, but under 20 is not really healthy so that also would be bad. Also take a daily vitamine and a zinc and folic acid one also, they help.

And this might sound gross but try and aim that your boyfriend "finishs" inside you, with you on bottom. Directly after try placeing a pillow or to under your butt and hips to elevate your pelvious for about 15 minutes in order to help the spermies swim to the egg.

=)

Good luck!
    jeffrey4 Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Mar 30, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Me and my boyfriend have been trying to conceive for over 2 years and nothing has happen, what should I do im almost 23 and I dont understand what the problem is.
    Why don't you try getting married and bring the baby up with a "mom and dad."
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Comment on jeffrey4's post
    Akaline angel seems smart, ou not so much
    zelda Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2007, 01:18 PM
    My best friend is going through the same thing and she is 18.. everbody tells her its because she is trying too hard.. make sure that when you are trying that u clear your mind and that neither of u have any stress
    lauren_2k Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Hiya well I can relate to you in a way, not in the way that I've been trying for 2 yrs but for 5 months and I know its nowhere near as long as what you have been trying but I'm starting to think I can't get pregnant. I'm 18, same as your friend and think maybe I am trying to hard I don't know, but I really want a baby and me and my boyfriend have a really healthy sex life, and never think too much of having a baby but we have been doing it at the correct times and nothing has worked! What have you been doing then, have you seen anybody about it? Xxx
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren_2k
    Hiya well I can relate to you in a way, not in the way that i've been trying for 2 yrs but for 5 months and I know its nowhere near as long as what you have been trying but i'm starting to think I can't get pregant. I'm 18, same as your friend and think maybe I am trying to hard I don't know, but I really want a baby and me and my boyfriend have a really healthy sex life, and never think to much of having a baby but we have been doing it at the correct times and nothing has worked! what have you been doing then, have you seen anybody about it?? xxx
    When is the wedding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in trouble :( [ 4 Answers ]

I am only fifteen and I have been pregnant before.. in blood and I lost it well its been a while and me and my boyfriend never use protection, I was a virgin when I met him, and we had sex through all my ovuation days unprotected and we have for the eleven months we have been dating well about two...

I'm in trouble again [ 1 Answers ]

Well they say love is blind! Anyway I had to fill bankruptcy with my ex husband and I told myself that I would never get back into debt! Well I laid to myself, the problem I have now is that I fell in love again and purchased a truck in which HE PAID FOR AND HE DROVE, put now that we are no longer...

Help, I am in trouble! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 32 years old and have never been in trouble until last summer. I took my kids to a theme park in my state and was drinking. Realizing I couldn't drive I pulled over, my mom whom was with me said she was OK to drive and started to drive home. We got pulled over and she got a DUI. They charged...

I'm having some trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I think that this question should be under this category. Well anyway, I'm 18 years old and a virgin, I have this girlfriend and whenever we're together she turns me on but I have trouble getting an erection, is it normal for me to have this problem? I mean, with college and everything else in...

Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Your parents put equal annual beginning-of-the-year deposits of $1,200 into an account earning 8% per year from the day you were born until your 18th birthday (a total of 19 deposits). How much money is in that account today?

View more questions Search