Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jslowinski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2013, 05:35 AM
    Patio Umbrella Tilt mechanism is broken... umbrella will not stay straight.
    Our umbrella will not stay straight up. I will automatically tilt to one side. The other side we have to still push in the button. There is no obvious damage/breakage. How can we get it to stay straight? We typically don't tilt it ever...
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2013, 06:05 AM
    Maybe the shaft (pole) would fit inside a section of schedule 40 PVC pipe, if you can match it up to a pipe of a diameter that provides a tight fit. Sounds like the knuckle that allows it to tilt is broken. A piece of pipe just over the knuckle might work too.
    llak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2013, 04:46 PM
    If you have your manual for the umbrella you can call customer service and order a new tilt mechanism for it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patio umbrella broken tilt [ 2 Answers ]

The tilt in my patio umbrella broke. Is there a way to repair it?

Patio Umbrella Tilt Mechanism [ 3 Answers ]

The screw on the tilting mechanism of my Home Casual Pagoda Patio Umbrella came out. There is a spring and a cam that go inside. I cannot figure out how to reassemble the unit. Can anyone tell me?

How to repair tilt mechanism on patio umbrella? [ 0 Answers ]

My umbrella broke off right at the tilt mechanism. Where do I find another tilt mechanism? My poles are wood. The tilt mechanism is metal. Anyone have any ideas?

Where can I buy a Push Tilt Mechanism for Patio Umbrella [ 0 Answers ]

I need to buy JUST the push tilt mechanism for a patio umbrella - does anyone have any idea where I can buy these? Thanks so much!

Missing push button on patio umbrella tilt mechanism [ 1 Answers ]

The button on the tilt mechanism of my patio umbrella is missing. I am unable to contact the manufacturer. Does anyone carry tilt mechanism replacement parts? The umbrella is in great conition and it would be stupid to have to buy a new umbrella. Thanks,

View more questions Search