Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luv2cut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Irregular Bleeding
    I am 40 and had my tubes tied over 4yrs ago. I have been missing periods and never know when my next one will start. My last period was April 17th, I stared spotting (brownish) and have been for a week now. Today am cramping... any ideas?
    ezesince1987 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2013, 09:31 PM
    I think you should go to the dr.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 5, 2013, 10:09 PM
    Could be the start of menopause. Menopause can take years. It usually starts with sporadic periods, just like you described. See your doctor to confirm, or to find out if something else is wrong.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2013, 10:36 PM
    Sounds like you have entered the life of peri-menopause. This can last for as long as 10 years before entering into complete menopause.

For most women the periods get fewer and farther between, but can last longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I am 29 years old never been pregnant that I know of and I have never seen an ob/gyn before and kind of scared too cause I am afraid I can't get pregnant I have tried before but never happen can you tell me why? And both my sisters have kids

Irregular bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Me and my partner have been trying for a baby for about 8 months now. In sept I didn't have a period at all so we hoped for the best. Unfortunately for us in oct I come on but it was really light and brown. I then had another 'period' in mid oct. now its November and I've had 2 full on...

Irregular bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

I am 39 years old and have always had very regular cycles. But in the past 3 months, I am having 2 and sometimes 3 cycles a month. I am currently bleeding and my last cycle was 12 days ago. It always starts with a dark brown blood and then after about a day, turns to bright red. I am in no pain...

View more questions Search