Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allapoo222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 05:53 PM
    Can you tell if a woman is, or has been, sexually active?
    Can you tell if a woman is or has been sexually active?

Can a gynecologist tell if a woman is or has been sexually active?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2013, 05:55 PM
    No to both questions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2013, 06:31 PM
    The test is the same for man or women, you ask them, and believe them.

If this is a real issue, and you don't believe them why?

But no, there is no medical way to know if man or women has had sex
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2013, 06:37 PM
    Why do you want to? If you don't trust a person, don't get into a relationship with them to start with. Ask them and if you don't believe their answer, move on to a new relationship.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 4, 2013, 08:14 PM
    No. A doctor will check for an intact hymen. A hymen is what can (not will) cause bleeding the first time a woman has sex. A hymen can be torn without having sex at all. It can be torn by horseback riding, falling off a bike, gymnastics, and many other ways. Some girls are born without a hymen. Some women that have a hymen don't bleed the first time they have sex.

The only way a doctor could guess is if the hymen was still intact, and even then, there are women that are sexually active that have an intact hymen (surgery is required to fix that).

In other words, the only way you'll know if a girl is a virgin, is by asking her, and loving her enough to believe her.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 4, 2013, 09:18 PM
    Any obvious bruising or tearing could be attributable to other factors such as using fingers or a toy a bit too vigorously, wiping a little too hard, etc.

Even if a doctor could tell if you have been or are sexually active, in many places, they would not be able to disclose that information even to spouses or parents.

If you are going in for an examination, you need to be honest with your doctor. How can a doctor correctly treat a patient if the patient hides facts from them?

Of course, if you are sexually active but don't admit it and an std/sti shows up in testing, there might be questions to answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have been sexually active without protection [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 year old girl.. I'm not a virgin and have been sexually active without protection.. My problem is,that I had physical intercourse with my boyfriend on 15th, then on 19th of this month. After a day or two I started having problems during urination i.e. burning during urination, pain in the...

Will an OBGYN use a child's speculum on a sexually active woman in her 20s? [ 2 Answers ]

Also, is it possible for the speculum to break by the vagina tighting because the patient gets tense during the exam?

Sexually active 27 year old woman who cannot orgasm. [ 7 Answers ]

Sad I know. Here's my story. I am a sexually active 27 year old female and I love having sex. I have been with many partners, all with their own... ummm... unique style. Still I have not achieved orgasm. I am also unable to climax on my own. I masturbate often, and I am able to make myself...

Sexually active teen [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find some help for my younger sister. She is only 15 and has become sexually active. Having had an abortion at 17 I am scared that she may end up like me. I don't know how I can help her get birth control, can I give her mine? Or will it show up in tests? I don't want her to have to...

A Sexually active man who hasn't slept in the same bed as a woman? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm currently in a casual relationship with this guy right now. However, the other night I stayed over at his place, and he told me that I was the first woman he has ever just slept with. And before I went to sleep I could feel that he was really tense about me being there. I'm just curious, is...

View more questions Search