Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovechuck7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 02:39 PM
    Craftsman riding lawn mower starter engages but won't crank motor over
    Craftsman 18 hp, new battery took guard off starter seems to engage but not turn motor over. I tried turning myself but would only spin about 1/4 turn & stop. Was working fine then just quit!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2013, 04:30 AM
    Hi chuck and welcome, could it have something underneath? Fouling the blades? Just a thought. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mower won't crank [ 4 Answers ]

Craftsman 42" 16hp sat in storage for 3 years. I just got it out and changed the oil, new battery, new spark plug, and new air filter. I filled it with gas and the engine won't turn over. The engine keeps trying but does not start. I can only get it to run when I spray :"fast start" into the...

Briggs & Straton riding Lawn Mower motor (see July 4th Post for more info.)wont run [ 19 Answers ]

As recommend I replaced eh Diode but still having problems It now blows out the 12 amp fuse when I plug it in to the Alternator wire that connects to the main source that flows through the diode. With the wire that connects the alternator unhooked it does not blow the fuse. Could the main...

Craftmans riding mower replaced batter and starter still will not crank [ 1 Answers ]

Riding lawn mower will not start. I have replaced the batter and the starter. What can it be?

Why won't my riding lawn mower crank? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bolens riding lawn mower, it was working fine. Then one day it just wouldn't Crank. It does nothing, no turning over, no clicks or anything. I replaced the battery. And still nothing, is it perhaps a safety switch?

Craftsman Lawn Mower Will Not Crank Due To Loose Bar. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 6.5 HP 22" cut push lawn mower that will not crank. I have a pull bar to apply gas to the engine and it appears to be loose. Is there anything that I could do to fix it without a lot of expense?

View more questions Search