Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BAMMER1488 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 01:03 PM
    I have a kenmore 80 series that has oil leaking from it what could be the problem?
    I just replaced the coupling on kenmore 80 series,wouldn't spin or agitate,every thing works great now,but I have oil leaking out from under my machine,what could be my problem?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 4, 2013, 06:45 PM
    There is a seal under the coupler, possibly damaged during replacement. If so, you can remove the coupling, pry out the old seal and install a new one. Not an uncommon issue with a direct drive washer. If the oil is leaking from the top, that's a different story and not typically a DIY job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer 90 series is leaking water from underneath. [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore washer 90 series is leaking from underneath. I checked the fill hoses and they are not leaking... any ideas... I have not been able to find a manual

Kenmore series 80 gas dryer problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore series 80 gas dryer that heats up and runs for about 10 minutes then shuts everything down. I can wait 30-40 minutes and restart with same results. Any information would be great!

Kenmore 90 series oil in washer [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting oil stains on the clothes when they get washed.. Is there a seal that can be repaired on the gear box ? Is there any other reason this can be happining? Please help... Is there any other info need to get a answer?

Kenmore 90 series oil in washer [ 0 Answers ]

I am getting oil stains on the clothes when they get washed.. Is there a seal that can be repaired on the gear box ? Is there any other reason this can be happining?

Kenmore 70 series washing machine leaking when filling [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore 70 series washing machine will not fill. Water flows into the tub and then directly onto the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should check? With a family of 7 I need this washer to work and can't take it in to get it fixed.

View more questions Search