Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgurzenda Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2013, 11:00 AM
    I'm searching for a book
    There was a series of children books I read in either the late 60's or early 70's about a girl who travels back in time through a mirror based in England. What would the name of this series be?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 2, 2013, 11:44 AM
    Please give more details! Is the entire series about traveling through the mirror? Does the girl go to various countries or times? Is it a UK publication or by an American publisher? Help!! (I have librarians standing by and waiting eagerly for your reply!)

May 7, 2013, 08:14 AM
    All I can remember is that she lived in a castle (or mansion) with I believe only her father and found a mirror (or window) that she was able to "travel" through and have adventures such as visiting fairs or being with traveling troupes. I believe there was also "talking" animals (such as you would find in Alice of Wonderland). The book (or books) took place in an earlier century (1600 to 1800) and I believe it was based in England. I remember she wore long dresses with pinafores. I'm not sure if it was an UK or USA publisher. I just remember really liking it and I've been thinking about it for the past couple of years. Thanks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Please give more details! Is the entire series about traveling through the mirror? Does the girl go to various countries or time periods? Is it a UK publication or by an American publisher? Help!!! (I have librarians standing by and waiting eagerly for your reply!)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 7, 2013, 12:33 PM
    My librarians and I are coming up blank regarding a series. There are tons of mirror/time travel books. What you are going to have to do is Google "children's book time travel mirror" (without quotes) or some such keyword string and check titles and authors that pop up to see if any sound familiar. There are many sites like that that allow a click to read a very short summary of each book or will note the setting. Your library's children's desk may be able to guide you further using a genre/time travel reference book.

May 8, 2013, 07:30 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    My librarians and I are coming up blank regarding a series. There are tons of mirror/time travel books. What you are going to have to do is Google "children's book time travel mirror" (without quotes) or some such keyword string and check titles and authors that pop up to see if any sound familiar. There are many sites like that that allow a click to read a very short summary of each book or will note the setting. Your library's children's desk may be able to guide you further using a genre/time travel reference book.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am searching for a book about monsters [ 2 Answers ]

I remember reading this book when I was a child, I don't remember the name of it but I remember it was about a man in a house who encountered these goblin like creatures and each time one of them left they said there are those worse than them, and the second to last one said, at midnight or...

Searching for a book... [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for a book read when was younger, it was about two girls. Friends. The main point I can remember is that one of them has an operation on her ears and dies. Does anyone know the name?

Searching for a Book Title [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find the name of a book written in the 1960's by a writer of some acclaim about a New York publicist who decides to buy a Caribbean resort/hotel while on vacation, and the misadventures that follow.

Searching for book title [ 3 Answers ]

I am searching for a book, not sure when it was written/ published, but my Mom read it in the 1970's or 80's. Also, not sure if it is fiction or non-fiction, but my Mom thinks that it was "...based on a true story..." It is about an American woman around colonial times, who was kidnapped by Native...

View more questions Search