Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Llama46 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 03:49 PM
    Will I pass an EtG 48 hours after a pint
    I am a 6"2 male about 200 pounds and I'm not proud of it but I gave in after 80 days of sobriety I drank about a pint of whiskey over the course of about 4 hours Tues night about 930 and I have an EtG test on Thursday night any chance ill pass
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 1, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Umm... hard to say, you may not pass, but there's a very small chance you might.

It's supposed to detect up to 80 hours post, but there are some studies that show that the test looses it's effectiveness after 24 hours.

So I guess it depends on how lucky you are.

May 1, 2013, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Umm...hard to say, you may not pass, but theres a very small chance you might.

It's supposed to detect up to 80 hours post, but there are some studies that show that the test looses it's effectiveness after 24 hours.

So I guess it depends on how lucky you are.
    Would working out or drinking a ton of water make any difference?
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama46 View Post
    Would working out or drinking a ton of water make any difference?
    No it would not. The test measures a metabolite of the alcohol, so once it's metabolized there isn't anything that can be done to really wash it away. Also, drinking a ton of water can give you water poisoning.

May 2, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    No it would not. The test measures a metabolite of the alcohol, so once it's metabolized there isn't anything that can be done to really wash it away. Also, drinking a ton of water can give you water poisoning.
    Thank you for your help
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 09:54 AM
    No problem ;-)

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you pass an EtG after 58 hours [ 10 Answers ]

Can u pass an EtG after 58 hours if the cutoff is 500

Can I pass an EtG after 36 hours? [ 3 Answers ]

I drank 6-8 beverages and had 36 hours to take my test, I took creatinine and multivitamins and a detox cleansing pill will I pass?

Can I pass an EtG after 67 hours. Drinking 4 beers in 2 hours [ 2 Answers ]

The 67 hour mark is the time I finished the last of four beers. I ate afterward and have been drinking lots of water, gatorade, g tea, and a little B-vitamins. I have been urinating frequently and I know I have to eat 4 hours or so before the test. I am a male and weigh 180 lbs.

Will I pass EtG in 50 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

Just back from vacation where for past 5 days I have had the following, day 1: 2 glasses wine, day 2: 3 beers, day 3: 2 beers, day 4: 3 beers in day & 5 beers at night, day 5: 3 beers. After the final drink it would be 50 hours until test. Interested in what Dr. Bill thinks if I will pass?

Pass ETG in 75 hours [ 2 Answers ]

I had 6 (strong) drinks over 6 hours went home watched TV for 3 hour went to bed and slept for 8 hours worked out then had 3 weak bloody marys over 3 hours for brunch. I have an ETG in exactly 75 hours from my BAC reaching 0. I am 195 pounds, 5'11" and am 46 years old. I intend on eating...

View more questions Search