Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pistolwhipd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 03:04 PM
    White highlights instead of caramel!
    The salon I go to uses Goldwell. What colors(s) should I have her use to make them caramel and should it be a temporary with gloss?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 04:04 AM
    If they are a salon, then don't you think they would know what colours to use if you told them what you wanted? They have colour charts so they know what to mix to achieve a certain colour. Caramel is a standard colour.
    Pistolwhipd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2013, 08:35 AM
    That's the thing. They should know but then were talking about someone who over processed my hair leaving me looking like Cruela DaVille! I literally have salt and pepper hair now. Also when I rinsed it out, not wash, I had strands and strands of broken white hair between my fingers. Im so tired if going in fir a touch up and ending up with a disaster! My hair was so healthy before thos whole mess! Grrr
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2013, 08:13 PM
    Please do not go to that "professional" again! And go back to that salon and get your money back! A competent professional can very easily achieve the look you described, and you should not need to tell them what color # to use. They should thoroughly understand whatever product line they are using or they should not be touching your hair :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if I put red highlights over blonde highlights? [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark brown hair, and I'd like to have red and blonde highlights. I planned on using a cap for the blonde, doing every-other hole, for thin streaks. Then I thought about doing the red by hand and using foil, for a little bit thicker streaks. I'd like the colors to be random, and not too...

Brown to caramel [ 1 Answers ]

I am brownskin like the actress Gabrielle Union, Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child ( if anyone's ever heard of them:)), and I would like to lighten to the singer Beyonce's color. Whenever I use products with hydroquinone, it seems to darken my face after a couple of days; or so it looks like to...

Getting rid of WHITE highlights [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! My friend who is a hairdresser offered to do my highlights for me at home. I have dark brown hair with a small hint of red. This is the third time she has touched up my roots and every time the colour is terrible. I look as though I am going grey with these white stripes and almost...

What is the color of caramel? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone tell me which colors to mix from the miss clairol collection to get a caramel color? Also I'm not really sure what a caramel color is and if I am thinking of the right color. I want a medium brown with a nice warm glow but not a red glow. Or would it be best to mix a chestnut brown...

View more questions Search