Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lifeseeker75 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 12:08 PM
    Is it okay for your spouse to impose their fantasies on you?
    For me I’ve always had in my mind that a wife/husband is supposed to love, honor and cherish one another. As some of you may have read, my spouse and I took a week vacation to Mexico and it was well needed. Long story short, the resort we stayed at is an all adult resort (clothing optional) NO RISKY BUSINESS!! There were a few couples there that choose to share their public affection more than others. Thus my spouse felt the need to do so also. Now I do not mind holding hand on the beach, kissing, or even groping each other respectfully in public however these couples had 1 tequila, 2 tequila…too many. We kissed and held one another as we relaxed in the Jacuzzi but he wanted to do more… keeping it PG-rated he wanted to have sex in the Jacuzzi in broad daylight in front of other people. I strongly expressed to him how uncomfortable I would be and I did not want to do such thing, he got a little irritated with me. He started talking about all that he do for me and I asked why I could do that one thing for him. Is he crazy or what is the deal? Help guys? Ladies what are you’ll opinion on this? He’s been acting funny since we got back from out trip.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2013, 12:15 PM
    Well did you know you were going to that kind of place beforehand or was that a surprise too?

I would expect him to respect your wishes. I would go further to say that he should have discussed this before going to this place. As a guy I wouldn't be comfortable doing it in public. But not talking to me beforehand - that is almost inexcusable.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 1, 2013, 12:21 PM
    He's an idiot.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2013, 12:24 PM
    He's an idiot.
    ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to odinn7 again.

Odinn7 nailed it. You're husband is a bonehead. He needs to understand that his fantasies aren't necessarily yours.

Let him throw a pity party until he gets over it.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2013, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    He's an idiot.
    You never cease to make me laugh.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 1, 2013, 12:40 PM
    Discussing and sharing fantasies is one thing, acting on them is another. He crossed a line when he expected you to go along with his desires without getting your permission first. Permission given after a discussion of boundaries and when not involved in the act.

I do have to ask how much alcohol was involved in his 'attempt'. Alcohol and hot tubs do not go well together when it comes to making wise decisions.

Could he be acting funny because he is embarrassed about his behavior? Are both of you acting a bit different? Have you tried talking to him now that you are back in the real world?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 2, 2013, 09:09 AM
    I read your other posts - I don't know why you're still with this guy.

Other than that, you know his fantasies. You agreed to go to a "clothing optional" resort. I don't know what you expected.

May 4, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I read your other posts - I don't know why you're still with this guy.

Other than that, you know his fantasies. You agreed to go to a "clothing optional" resort. I don't know what you expected.
    I expect him to respect my wishes, I didn't see nothing wrong with going to the Resort its not all about sex there just people letting their hair down not to mention enjoying a full body sin tank, great food, and wonderful ocean breeze. But as I mention before it was all about me comprising. But comprising always gets me in an uncomfortable rut. I'm actually going to have a talk with him this evening about his behavior... I'm finally ready to tell him basically flight right or move on.I don't want to feel guilty anymore about his insecurities. Im not afraid of being along again. Just don't want to love in silence anymore. Thanks. Oh by the way I ask myself why I'm still here sometime too...
    angeltri Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2013, 03:22 PM
    Honestly I am glad you held your stand. He should not make you feel guilty for not doing what you didn't feel comfortable doing. Also, it is very childish of him to mention all the things he does for you, to try to blackmail you into doing this.

May 4, 2013, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angeltri View Post
    Honestly I am glad you held your stand. He should not make you feel guilty for not doing what you didn't feel comfortable doing. Also, it is very kchildish of him to mention all the things he does for you, to try to blackmail you into doing this.
    I totally agree, thanks
    angeltri Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2013, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeseeker75 View Post
    I totally agree, thanks
    When I first started dating my husband he had fantasies of doing it from the back if you know what I mean. I always kept saying no and he would still ask. He finally stopped for maybe a year and one day he asked again. I told him why he kept asking me to do something I did not feel comfortable doing. He apologized and never asked again. 4 years later still hasn't asked

May 4, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angeltri View Post
    When i first started dating my husband he had fantasies of doing it from the back if you know what i mean. I always kept saying no and he would still ask. He finally stopped for maybe a year and one day he asked again. I told him why he kept asking me to do something i did not feel comfortable doing. He apologized and never asked again. 4 years later still hasnt asked
    Something similar here years ago was asked but he was able to let it go so much more easier. That request is small compared to some. But its good he stop asking... and I'm sure its still in the back of his mind
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2013, 06:15 PM
    He will most likely always have that fantasy and may ask again, but you say now, most likely he figured if you were OK with being naked in front of others, doing some other things, also, you would just go into the other part of sex also.

I can understand his thinking, but you have to set the limit of where you will go and be clear to him

May 4, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    He will most likely always have that fantasy and may ask again, but you say now, most likely he figured if you were ok with being naked in front of others, doing some other things, also, you would just go into the other part of sex also.

I can understand his thinking, but you have to set the limit of where you will go and be clear to him
    I understand, I daily myself for allow myself to exercise the idea even thought it was just talking. I want him to be able to cone to me and share his thoughts but share his thoughts and opposing then on me are two different things. Thanks
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2013, 06:56 PM
    I second the "he's an idiot" opinion. Personally, the clothing optional resort would have been a no-go for me. Not only do I not wish to be naked in public, I don't want to be grossed out by a bunch of other naked people either. I think about 2% of the population look better naked than they do clothed. I don't want to look at naked people when I'm eating, don't want other naked people in the pool with me, don't want to see people's bits jiggling at the shuffle board - ugh, no thanks.

As his expectation of public sex, that's a huge thing to ask and pretty much everyone I know would say "no" to it. His childish tantrum when you refused his request shows a really low level of maturity that goes beyond one incident - he has to be really below average in his intelligence and maturity to set public sex as an expectation when you never discussed it or consented to it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 4, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    I second the "he's an idiot" opinion. Personally, the clothing optional resort would have been a no-go for me. Not only do I not wish to be naked in public, I don't want to be grossed out by a bunch of other naked people either. I think about 2% of the population look better naked than they do clothed. I don't want to look at naked people when I'm eating, don't want other naked people in the pool with me, don't want to see people's bits jiggling at the shuffle board - ugh, no thanks.

As his expectation of public sex, that's a huge thing to ask and pretty much everyone I know would say "no" to it. His childish tantrum when you refused his request shows a really low level of maturity that goes beyond one incident - he has to be really below average in his intelligence and maturity to set public sex as an expectation when you never discussed it or consented to it.
    Water out of my nose! I got the visual of ugly people's bits jiggling and laughed myself silly. I'll never play shuffle board again. ;)

May 4, 2013, 07:42 PM
    Posted by Alty;
    Water out of my nose! I got the visual of ugly people's bits jiggling and laughed myself silly. I'll never play shuffle board again. ;)
    Hahaha
    Uber Member

May 5, 2013, 07:48 AM
    "I expect him to respect my wishes, I didn't see nothing wrong with going to the Resort its not all about sex there just people letting their hair down not to mention enjoying a full body sin tank, great food, and wonderful ocean breeze. But as I mention before it was all about me comprising. But comprising always gets me in an uncomfortable rut. I'm actually going to have a talk with him this evening about his behavior...I'm finally ready to tell him basically flight right or move on.i don't want to feel guilty anymore about his insecurities. Im not afraid of being along again. Just don't want to love in silence anymore. Thanks. Oh btw i ask myself why I'm still here sometime too..."

Oh, please - laughing.

People can't let their hair down, enjoy great food, enjoy ocean breezes with their clothes ON?

I was a bikini waitress back in the day. Men didn't go to the bar because the cocktails were especially flavorful. They went because there were bikini waitresses.

I've also gone to topless beaches. I've walked on nude beaches, never been nude.

Take a survey - I venture to say a lot of men are interested in nude beaches so they can enjoy the ocean breeze (or something). I don't have any female friends who look forward to a vacation watching men with no pants on play volleyball.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 5, 2013, 09:05 AM
    A man (and a woman) should be able to share and ask of their partner the things in their fantasy without acting like a big baby when its rejected (nicely of course).
    Uber Member

May 5, 2013, 09:16 AM
    While I very much agree about the "big baby" part, I don't think I'd take a partner who has expressed some rather specific fantasies to a candy store and not expect him to enjoy the candy. Is the "sex in front of other people" quite a step from being nude and looking at other nude people? Certainly.

I just wouldn't have gone to the candy store in the first place.

For that matter I don't want to be "respectfully groped" in front of other people.

Of course, I'm not sure I'd still be in this relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 days notice to impose a lease? [ 3 Answers ]

Our tenants moved in pretty quickly as we were gullible enough to try to do a friend a favor. They are trying to renegade on a verbal agreement so we decided to draw up a formal written lease but now they are refusing to sign it saying we have to give them 30 days notice that we intend to draw up a...

Can Irish courts impose travel restrictions as probation surity [ 2 Answers ]

Can Iriah courts withhold passports and impose travel restriction on offenders as a probation surity?

What is it with fantasies? [ 4 Answers ]

I've encountered someone who talks about marriage and babies for the future with just knowing him in 3 months. My friend had an experience with something similar too. Why do men create this fantasy for women knowing very well most women want it without really knowing them?

Bi-sexual fantasies [ 6 Answers ]

I have always been very sexual, but now the thought of a man is a turn off! I day and night dream about having sweet sex with another woman. Do other women do this? How common is this?

View more questions Search