Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 05:29 AM
    Pulled tooth.
    Is it normal to have a white looking thing over the hole of a pulled tooth 3 days ago?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2013, 07:17 AM
    Common to have dead tissue, but you are supposed to be swishing vigorously with warm salt water at least twice a day, and gently brushing your gum all over the spot to help the tissue slough off. It shouldn't hurt to brush the spot, and you don't have to go buy a soft tooth brush (but make sure yours isn't all cruddy with age).
    If the gum gets red is when you worry - a sign of infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pulled [ 3 Answers ]

I got my tooth pulled in the back I'm not sure if it was a wisdom or molar but now its Thursday and it's a little sore and I keep producing saliva is this normal?

Had a tooth pulled [ 3 Answers ]

I had a tooth pulled 7 days ago, was wondering when it's normal to lose the clot & if I'm at risk for dry socket? I noticed that the socket looked a little deeper than it did earlier & there's not as much of the white clot. Been doing the warm salt water rinse & have had nothing carbonated in over...

Tooth pulled [ 1 Answers ]

Have an abcess in the gum over my crown.. the crown looks like it had a chip in the back... now they want to pull it do I have to had an aprico years ago same tooth it is my front tooth can I save it;;;

No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?

Tooth pulled [ 1 Answers ]

Had a tooth pulled Tuesday was not bad. I did smoke but did not suck to do it all seems to be doing good. If going to get when will the dry socket happen or am I past that

View more questions Search