Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adrian3102 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2013, 05:06 AM
    Thanks I understand what you are saying. I guess your right the more I get to know her the easier it will become I just need to think more posative
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 7, 2013, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian3102 View Post
    I suppose that would be heaps easier to write it down. Would they let me do that. I'm not to sure why I'm going I can't see myself really being able to do this but I'll keep going.
    One of the things that really help me when I was doing some counselling was keeping a honest journal. Writing down all the little things and being brutally honest about it.

My problem is that my brain likes to jump around and remind me off all the embarrassing stuff I have done. All the times I have fell short. How I will never be the person I want to be. I started to write down what caused these feelings, what the thoughts here, what the feelings were and why what happened was perfectly fine. So long as it is private you can write whatever you want. I found it clarified a lot of my thoughts too, put feeling into word and allowed me to tease it out instead of dwelling on it. You might be surprised what you find in it.

I think it is a little off topic. I have been reading this thread since near the start, but didn't really think I was qualified enough to add anything.

I feel for you. I know the next little bit is going to suck a lot. It does get better. This might go away or it might not. After a little bit it just won't be relevant any more. Life goes on and you will make of it what you will.

Just don't let this govern your life.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 7, 2013, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    one of the things that really help me when I was doing some counselling was keeping a honest journal. Writing down all the little things and being brutally honest about it.
    1) A brutally honest journal would be private, like you say, for no one's eyes but her own. 2) What Scott and I are saying, since she is somewhat uncomfortable talking about this with a stranger (the counselor), is to print out this thread and show it to the counselor or 3) write down a list at home that she is willing to share with the counselor OR 4) she and the counselor have a silent session where all they do is write back and forth to each other.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Don't give up on counseling. It's uncomfortable to talk about such personal things with anyone but it's worthwhile. And they don't just offer instant remedies. Go several times and if you're not connecting or feeling it's helping, try someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on getting over an ex [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago, (I know this is so long) I dated a guy for 3 months. We had a great time, we got along, our feelings were mutual, we share the same b-day we r 5 yrs apart. The reason I believe he broke things off was because he had a lot going on. He was buying his first house. So he shut down and...

Please, Please any advice would have use! [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for any kind help dealing with my husbands ex wife and the games she is playing dealing with child support and visitation with the kids. My husband makes regular child support payments of $640 a month exculding one month where he was unemployed. If you can help by answering one or all...

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

Advice please [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ex boyfriend and I still love him. We broke up last Aug. and we didn't talk since then.well in Jan. the new year he desides he wants us to talk so we do. But now talking has turned into having sex and I just don't know if I should or should I brake it off any advice please email me or...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

View more questions Search