Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tita1 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Hepatitis B Vaccine
    Hello
    Is it okay to take the viccine shot while having normal cold(due to allergy)?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 29, 2013, 01:27 PM
    You should be all right as long as it's nothing more than a minor cold.
    Though while you're at the doctor you might look into some allergy tablets. They make a world of difference ;-)
    tita1 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2013, 11:59 AM
    Yeah I guess so,I have taked antihistamine drug contiaining,it helped.. but it's sort of annoying to keep taking these pills everyday.. it's feels like 80 years old.
    Thanks for replaying anyway !
    tony_hamawi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2013, 12:53 PM
    No u don't have to take any vaccin during any type of cold u have to wait and when u feel good no cold u can take it
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2013, 01:01 PM
    Once again, Tony, what is the source of your medical info? You have chosen to disagree with a trained medical professional.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

May 8, 2013, 01:56 PM
    I know that when I take my son in for shots they won't vaccinate him for anything if he has a cold of any sort or any virus. But maybe some Dr. Do it differently?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 8, 2013, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by busymomma2013 View Post
    I know that when I take my son in for shots they wont vaccinate him for anything if he has a cold of any sort or any virus. But maybe some Dr. Do it differently?
    As long as there's no fever and it's a minor cold (in this case allergies) it's not really a problem.
    Vaccines are avoided (especially in kids) if they have a severe illness/cold because if there's any sort of reaction to the vaccine and a child/adult is already sick there's no way to tell if the fever is because of the prior illness or the vaccine.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

May 8, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Thank you Gernald. That is good to know!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2013, 02:39 PM
    Thanks, Gernald - but I believed you the first time around. Same rule applies to NY (where Pharmacists can give injections/vaccines).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hepatitis A vaccine vs strattera [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My son started taking strattera 2 weeks ago and after two weeks he was supposed to increase his dose from one 10mg in the am to an additional 10mg in the PM. He was free of side effects for 10 days. Late Thursday (5 days ago now) he received a hep A injection. His father is reporting he...

Is it true chronic viral hepatitis can occur with hepatitis A [ 0 Answers ]

Is it true chronic viral hepatitis can occur with hepatitis A

Hepatitis B [ 1 Answers ]

I went to a GP and after being sick and he told me I have Hepatitis B. He said to me to lay of the junkfood, sweets and salty food. So am I in the deep sh*t by that Hepatitis B?

How many hepatitis viruses can give rise to hepatitis [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find answer for preparation my exam. Thanks in advance for all answers.

Hepatitis C [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am new to this site hello to all and I hope you are well. I was diagnosed as having had chronic liver failure in November 2008 and was released a week later with no further treatment, I talked with a nurse yesterday and she stated that I have Hepatitis C and that it is contagious and also...

View more questions Search