Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunshine4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2005, 07:32 AM
    Give me a break!
    :confused: My ex boyfriend lived with me for 1 1/2 years, I found out he was doing drugs and let him go. He owes me $5,000 in rent and $$ for food, tolietries, gas, transportation, yada yada.

I was told by a judge that since he lived with me as a boyfriend that I probably would not have entitlement and not worth pursuing.

Now my ex is getting an atty to sue me for his last check that went in our account that I used to pay bills with $700.

Give me a break.
    *Would it be worth pursuing?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2005, 04:20 PM
    Ex-problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine4
    :confused: My ex boyfriend lived with me for 1 1/2 years, I found out he was doing drugs and let him go. He owes me $5,000 in rent and $$ for food, tolietries, gas, transportation, yada yada.

I was told by a judge that since he lived with me as a boyfriend that I probably would not have entitlement and not worth persuing.

Now my ex is getting an atty to sue me for his last check that went in our account that I used to pay bills with $700.

Give me a break.
    *Would it be worth persuing?

If you speak to him again, just tell him to go ahead a sue, this is when you can file a cross complaint for back rent, gas, etc. If the attorney calls you, tell him to put it in writing, do not call again.

Not legal advise, just an idea.

mr.yet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Give Up? [ 9 Answers ]

I am in recovery for alcoholism, have been sober for about 16 months. It's been hard but the best thing I have ever done. I have been struggling with a relationship with a man also in the Program. We are told in the Program to let go and let God. I try to do this but can't seem to let go on this...

What could I give my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my red healer dog has a swollen snout and not sure what bite him, it looks like he doesn't feel good, just kind of walking slow and his eyes are kind of red. Is there anything I could give him here at home??

I give up [ 15 Answers ]

This has bee a horrible year! I thought that I got through the worst, but today I want to give up. I have an adult daughter. We were always so close, in fact, we were best friends. She was engaged.In June they broke the engagement, over the phone, due to a fight about where they would live. He...

I give up [ 8 Answers ]

This has bee a horrible year! I thought that I got through the worst, but today I want to give up. I have an adult daughter. We were always so close, in fact, we were best friends. She was engaged.In June they broke the engagement, over the phone, due to a fight about where they would live. He...

I give up [ 3 Answers ]

View more questions Search