Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monica D Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 04:35 PM
    My son is very violent if he doesn't get what he wants.
    I do tuff love and he will desteoy things he will be 17 in August I am afraid of him plus if he deayeoys stuff of mime it is the laprop hw destoyed he damages my car makea guagea in kitchen table amd I camt afford to replace these things I'm agraid he will hurt me or his little brother too

Translation by WG:

I do tough love and he will destroy things. He will be 17 in August. I am afraid of him plus if he destroys stuff of mine, it is the laptop he damaged. He damages my car. He makes a gouge in the kitchen table and I can't afford to replace these things. I'm afraid he will hurt me or his little brother too.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 04:36 PM
    I'm having trouble reading your post. Can you review and fix spelling?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 04:47 PM
    Have him arrested when he does this. Problem solved.
    monica D Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 05:32 PM
    I have but he gets brought back... and he threatens to make things worse I have the right to stay safe and my little son Michael and My property but the system fails me I am begging them now that I love my son so much but he's a monster has no emotion and he says he knows how to play the system he has no problem being in jail he will come back I am terrified of him I am really afraid of him for the first time my own child... hes gone for awhile but how long? He has never learned from other detention holds and several group homes and foster homes and several therapists for yrs. I do not know what happened the therapy back fired they said he doesn't need to think about family when he's away he needed to focus on himself he had emotions just for family though but he did... now he has none.Just found out he has been smoking pot too and drinking while he has been out or when I was at work... hes lost... my heart is breaking I can't have him here.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I'm having trouble reading your post. Can you review and fix spelling?
    He has been apprehended he is violent he extorts money out of me if I don't give him money he destroys my property and is always saying for no reason at all if I died he wouldn't care and I am stupid or a piece of out of his... things like this are every day. I went to get bug spray with him he asked if I had money I said no he said you're a liar give me 60 buck I said no he proceeded to throw stuff out of the car while I was driving so I drove straight to sheriffs dept. he was so blind with anger towards me he didn't even notice he started stabbing roof with pen near me he destroyed passenger sunvisor I was so afraid he would stab me,I pulled in he jumped out and was all cocky and said I am running and if they catch me I guarantee I will make things worse for you you just wait I will come home I will. That was my day using the toughest love possible I didn't flinch cry or raise my voice I was silent when he left I shook all over still shaking but I can type now and I cried a lot eyes hurt too much from it no lids swollen.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monica D View Post
    He has been apprehended he is violent he extorts money out of me if I don't give him money he destroys my property and is always saying for no reason at all if I died he wouldn't care and I am stupid or a piece of out of his ...things like this are every day. I went to get bug spray with him he asked if I had money I said no he said your a liar give me 60 buck I said no he proceeded to throw stuff out of the car while I was driving so I drove straight to sheriffs dept. he was so blind with anger towards me he didn't even notice he started stabbing roof with pen near me he destroyed passenger sunvisor I was so afraid he would stab me,i pulled in he jumped out and was all cocky and said I am running and if they catch me I guarantee I will make things worse for you you just wait I will come home I will. That was my day using the toughest love possible I didn't flinch cry or raise my voice I was silent when he left I shook all over still shaking but I can type now and I cried a lot eyes hurt too much from it no lids swollen.
    I hope things get better. He needs help. Hopefully, being arrested will be the beginning of some form of anger management and therapy.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2013, 07:18 PM
    Are drugs involved? What does he spend the money on?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 08:06 PM
    It is a terrible way for you to live, as well as your younger son. This has gone on long enough, and you need to find ways to help him, and to be safe and secure in your own home as well.

With the level of rage and outward violence he has shown, you could be facing an even worse situation if this goes unchecked.

Please speak to someone. Start with your family doctor, find local resources that deal with troubled teenagers, visit a women's shelter, seek legal advice, find out what your options are, and where safety is, should you need it. There are mental health resources out there, and you can establish contact with them, and get good direction and guidance.

To do nothing, you make yourself a sitting duck. He will likely keep upping the ante, and demand more and more, as his needs (drugs?) increase. And you aren't helping him by applying just one type of discipline- tough love. If he has a drug problem, or serious mental health issues, he needs help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trojan destroys my PC [ 11 Answers ]

I got a trojan on my computer(one of those ones that tries to get you to download antivirus software with fake windows boxes etc.) anyway I panicked and turned off the PC. When I tried to turn it back on it came up with the quick flash of toshiba then just went to a black screan with one flashing...

Colin Powell Destroys McCain's Negative Smear Campaign [ 10 Answers ]

Nh_c5bbvmqc A Republican speaking common sense. Too bad the right is going to smear him now.

Autolite Spark Plug destroys Honda V6 3.0 [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed Autolite spark plugs into a 2003 Honda accord. After installing, car began to randomly misfire. After driving car 35 miles, car blew 3 back side piston rings and catalyst converters. My $10 plugs are costing me $8700. Would the Autolite plugs be too hot or simply a...

Bank takes funds after verification destroys check. [ 2 Answers ]

My brother-in-law had a check for over 20,000 and brought it to his bank that was the same as the person that drafted the check. Because he had had problems with the check in the past he requested a certified check from the bank. The teller said there was no need for a certified check because the...

View more questions Search