Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 28, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Why is my refrigerator leaking and how do I repair this
    I have a maytag refrigerator french doors. I've noticed water on the floor the last couple of weeks... at random times, not constant.
    I noticed there is a "puddle" of water at the bottom inside of my freezer that is frozen.
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed some snow/icicles inside my refrigerator section in the back top I guess where the air comes out? So I thought maybe I should turn my temp down.. so I put it down to about a 4. It was on 6. The coldest is 7.
    I looked again at the bottom of the freezer where the frozen puddle is and you can see where the water is very slowly leaking out of the bottom of the freezer onto the floor.
    What's going on? How do I repair this?
    Please describe for "dumb" people lol as I don't know much about refrigerators. I'm a stay at home mom just trying to help out with these things..

Apr 28, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Refrigerator portion is on top.
    Freezer is on bottom.

Apr 28, 2013, 11:16 AM
    The entire bottom of the freezer is covered with this frozen puddle. It looks like a big square shaped puddle. There must be water not frozen underneath or it's warmer towards the front of the freezer, because that is where the water is slowly dripping out. Maybe that is why I only notice the puddles on the floor at random times because it is slowly dripping?

Apr 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
    I'm sure it needs to be cleaned, but how do I clean it? Where? I pulled off the vent looking thing at the very bottom and it was DUSTY. I cleaned that off, but I'm sure behind it is dusty also. I used a febreeze duster to reach back there and pulled some dust out, but I'm sure it wasn't a thorough job. Am I supposed to pull the whole fridge out and clean somewhere in the back.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2013, 09:37 AM
    You need to wash out the coils with spray soap and water. Use a sprayer on a hose nozzle to rinse. Remove rear cover to get to coils and fan and clean both, then remove cover on freezer coils and clean the drain pan and unstop line.

May 5, 2013, 02:34 PM
    OK thank you for your reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Conserv Refrigerator repair [ 1 Answers ]

It seems that the compressor on my Conserv commercial refrigerator is shot, I can't seem to find anyone to service these things. I contacted the manufacturer who provided local repair shops who supposedly work on these and not one was familiar with or willing to even do the job. Just wondering if...

Leaking refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

What cause a refrigerator to leak on the inside but freezes perfect at top and bottom

Refrigerator leaking [ 1 Answers ]

My GE refrigerator is leaking water inside the refrigerator, bottom shelf and vegetable drawer. How can I stop this?

Refrigerator door leaking [ 1 Answers ]

The door of my GE side-by-side fridge started leaking water from the freezer side door after I had flushed the drain plug in the freezer and had the freezer door open for a long time.

View more questions Search