Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skoot5Shupe5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 07:02 AM
    Did I sprain my ankle?
    I am a teenager and last weekend I had a all weekend volleyball tournament (Sat.-Sun.) and in the first game of the first match I was in front row and I was at the 10 foot line ready to spike but the setter set up someone else so I 'ran' up to the net to block and when I got there I just didn't walk right I guess and I 'rolled' me ankle inwards. It hurt very much right away but I kept playing and in the next time out I told my coach and she asked if I needed to sit and I said no because I would be out soon anyway. So when I rotated out I told that it still did Hirt and asked her what I should do and she told me to try to walk it off so I did at the end of the bench. I kept playing through the hole weekend through the pain because it was my last tournament this season. My fad bought me a simple inexpensive brace for the weekend to help support it but it is now a week later and I am still on pain but there wasn't much bruising or swelling. What should I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2013, 07:11 AM
    The answer to "what should I do" is simply - see a Physician. I have no idea why your coach didn't take you out of the game whether you wanted to or not.

You could have tendon damage, muscle damage, a sprain, something else.

Apr 28, 2013, 10:42 AM
    Thank you but the other thing is when I try to tell me parents about it the shrug it off because I'm not playing any sports anymore...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2013, 11:09 AM
    There's no one here who can talk to them on your behalf so perhaps you should tell a teacher or relative and have that person talk to your parents.

Apr 28, 2013, 11:42 AM
    Ok thank you so much for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you sprain your ankle easily? [ 14 Answers ]

I really need to know! I am doing a stupid science project and I have to know 30 "reasonable" ways to sprain your ankle. Help fast!!

How do you sprain your ankle easily? [ 27 Answers ]

I am writing a story and I was wondering if there was a way to sprain your ankle easily. I've never sprained my ankle before and I need a simple, realistic way to sprain an ankle. My character is a teenage girl living in the 1800's.

How do you sprain your ankle? [ 7 Answers ]

How do you sprain an ankle without it hurting? I want it to be what could happen easily within something everyone does everyday. Explain how it works. THANKS AND RESPOND QUICKLY

Did I break my ankle or did I just sprain my ankle? [ 19 Answers ]

At my school we went on a field trip to clean up a giant nature park ( it's an small island) long story short I triped on a rock (super smooth I know) and I heard a little crack or a pop I could really tell but then my ankle got kind of swollen and it hurt to walk so I had to use one of my friends...

View more questions Search