Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtrosema Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2013, 08:18 AM
    15 hp briggs and stratton
    28n707 15 hp engine has Nikki carb. Flooding. It will crank up and then starts pouring fuel. I changed needle for float and bowl gasket. And it cranked right up but when I started to drive it it died and then trying to restart it poured fuel again.
    Also I adjusted the air gap on the coil to .012 is that the correct gap and is there any adjustment other than that?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:28 PM
    Hi,
    Often the culprit is a pice of trash or a shard from the inner wall of the fuel fuel caught in the seat area of the carb not allowing the inlet needle to shut fully.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

26 hp briggs and stratton [ 0 Answers ]

Installing new Pan gasket. Sump will not set flush on engine! The govenor and pump shaft seem to be in correct position. Please help!

Wiring 14.5 hp briggs and stratton riding mower from 18 hp briggs [ 1 Answers ]

How do you wire 14.5 hp briggs and stratton riding mower when changing it from a 18 hp briggs?

18.5 hp briggs and stratton? [ 1 Answers ]

adjusting values how do I know when to stop tighten on craftman 18.5 ohv single cylinder

Briggs and stratton 12.5 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 12.5 b&s motor in rider replac float/set needle in carb new filter also gas backs up into air filter and when I open gas shut off valve also leaking out of exhaust port/ any ideas what is going on? / Grass is getting longer

Briggs and stratton [ 6 Answers ]

My briggs and stratton lawnmower was running great then started spluttering. Cleaned air filter changed spark plug still the same. Spark plug goes a sootie black colour in 30 secs. Also its pulsing badly with a bit of black smoke. Any help welcome ...

View more questions Search