Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nyuro49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 05:15 PM
    I found out that my mom is cheating on my dad and I'm only 14, what do I do?
    My mom asked me to post something on her Facebook from her phone. Naturally I was willing to help and I took a look at it. Problem was, she left her chat open with some guy named >name removed<, and the messages I read, I couldn't believe! Dirty dirty dirty stuff. Her and my dad always seemed like they loved each other but things might be slowing down. Being married for 25 years. I have no idea how to approach the subject with her or my dad or anyone. I'm only 14 and I don't know whether it was false or not. I really need some help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 05:39 PM
    Sometimes adults post things on chats that aren't meant for children to read, and don't always mean they're cheating.

Talk to your mom about what you saw, and how it makes you feel. Tell her your concerns.

Bottom line, you shouldn't be concerned about this. This is between your mom and dad, and I can't even begin to try and make a 14 year old child understand that marriage isn't always black and white.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2013, 12:35 AM
    It may be just chat, while I don't agree, she should be, some people, men and women, like the chatting and the attention, but would never do it in real person
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2013, 09:27 AM
    Tell your mom what you found, and how it makes you feel, and let her at least have a chance to explain it so you don't drive yourself crazy.
    nyuro49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2013, 07:54 PM
    All right thanks guys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I found out my mom is cheating what do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so I'm 15 years old and lately my mom has been talking on the phone and texting a guy (dont know who). We found out she is pregnant and my dad and everyone are all excited. Until I kind of went through her phone cause I got curiouse while I was looking at her messages I looked at one from...

My mom cheating on my dad [ 7 Answers ]

So I for one don't get along with my dad! But I know none of this is my business but my mom left her Facebook up and I went through her messages and saw she was talking to two guys one she had dated before my dad but I guess they are bootycall friends and the were talking dirty to each other and...

My mom is cheating on my dad [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 14 yr old girl and I accidentally saw my moms cell phone messages and they were a guy whom she was chatting with and complaining about my dad and also calling that other guy 'darling' and sweetu and asking him if he would Want to join her for a shower... Should I confront her or should I...

I found out my dad cheating on my mom. [ 7 Answers ]

Recently I found out my dad's sex video on his cell phone with another woman. I don't want my mom get hurt to let her know this. And I don't want to lose my family over this matter. What is the best way for me to wake my dad up and keep this family at the same time. Is it even possible for...

Found out mom is cheating [ 5 Answers ]

My mom has suffered pretty rough empty nest syndrome I think (2 daughters in/out of college) going out more with friends, staying out late at night, while her husband (my dad) of 23 years enjoys just being at home and simple things. Xmas I, always the nosy child, decided to look at my moms phone......

View more questions Search