Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Mar 21, 2007, 07:46 PM
    I've fed my cat the recalled pet food
    :confused: I have three cats and I feed them a pouch of food every morning, one of my cats Loves to eat all the wet food to herself and the other nibbles a bit and than leaves and my 3rd eats it when it has dried out a bit.
    The one that eats all her wet food and the some of the other kitty's food is starting to show a swollen belly and is sleeping more than usual. And isn't eating as much anymore, I'm freaking out. What if it is kidney falure.
    I am so upset I can't believe the pet food company poisned my cats
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 07:52 PM
    I would call your local vet and see if there is anything you can do just in case the cat did eat a batch that was contaminated. See if they can do something if you get there before symptoms start to show.

Just because the cat ate food that was part of the recall does not mean they will get sick, normally they recall a larger batch then the one they know was contaminated just to be safe.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Mar 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
    The vet said that they will do a blood test at 95bucks a pet
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Please do the tests Jessyfay. It is always better to be safe than sorry. I am dreading the day we read on the boards here that someone has lost their "baby" to this terrible, terrible incident, that should never have happened in the first place. Pisses me off that due to the manufacturer's trying to save a buck, people are inadvertently poisoning their pets. We can only guess as to how much pain they are in when it happens.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 08:35 AM
    I would do it, if the cat does have it and it gets worse and goes into kidney failure it will be terrible of course, but also cost a lot more when you bring him in.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Do it!! Our pets need as much love and care as a child. Like a child are dependent on us for everything including their health. Don't let them down

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat Food Recall [ 4 Answers ]

Can somebody please direct me to a list of the brands of cat food being recalled so my poor kitty doesn't die. Thanks :(

Suggestions for dry cat food [ 2 Answers ]

My cat will only eat canned food. I heard that you should also feed dry food to balance out the diet. Is this true, if so can you recommend a good dry food I can try since he won't eat science diet brand cat food. He is 7years old and I just adopted him a few days ago.

Best Cat Food in Stores [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently feeding my two 4 month old kittens the Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Kitten hard food but was wondering if there's something better out there. I'd like something healthy, natural, and without all the crap that Iams or Eukanuba have. Thanks!

Diamond Pet food recall [ 5 Answers ]

This is either legit or a very well done hoax, http://www.diamondpetrecall.com/ Ran this through both Hoaxbusters and Urban Legends. Neither confirmed or denied it. It seems to me I have seen some good comments on Diamond. One advantage of Pro Plan, I am sure a recall would be big news.

View more questions Search