Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hairtesthelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Psychemedics Hair test? Please Help!
    Hello all,

I have been scouring the internet for information regarding this hair test and have found some stuff but really need an answer to this question!

The last time I smoked was around March 11th(approx) and it was 2 hits to help me fall asleep.

I have to take a hair test with Psychemedics in the next week or so and am freaking out. Apparently their cutoff has been reduced recently? I've found information stating that having 3 smoke sessions within 90 days is okay. So I'm not sure on all of this.

I've been looking into shampoos/detoxes or what not, but just would like many more instructions on how to pass this hair test!

I am 5-10 150lb. I also have black hair.

Has anyone dealt with this situation before? Any information would be super helpful!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 25, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Site rules and common sense prohibit us from giving you instructions on how to cheat drug and alcohol tests.

There is no sense in being in a panic over this... you either pass or fail but no amount of worry is going to change this.

With that said, you might be OK.
    hairtesthelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 07:24 PM
    Thank you, I wasn't aware about the site rules, just stumbled onto here due to DrBills posts.

Anymore input would be appreciated!
    lucky12345 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Yes, the cutoff was decreased. But the cutoff is already so minuscule that it is extremely unlikely that you would fail with the new cutoff. They have reduced detection by 10 trillionths of a gram.

You will be fine. Two hits is too light and one use is way too infrequent to pop a positive test. The 3 smoke session theory is just like any other variable in hair testing and that is completely dependent on a multitude of other variables like frequency, history, hair type/length, etc.

You would be wasting your money on treating your hair not to mention risking a possible automatic fail if they suspect that you have tampered with your hair when your chances of failing are so incredibly low in the first place.

If you need more reassurance, a simple Google search of hair follicle test results will pop hundreds of situations similar to yours where people passed without tampering with their hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does having your hair colored and cut affect the results of alcohol in a hair test [ 1 Answers ]

If you color your hair before taking a hair folicle test will it affect the results of the hair test

I smoked twice in 3 months, and had to take a Psychemedics hair test [ 1 Answers ]

I smoked twice in three months (2-3 hits max off a bong). The most recent being about a month and a half ago. I am very nervous as I never smoke and wasn't expected a hair follicle test in my foreseeable future. Psychemedics has a brutal reputation, online at least. I rinsed my hair with vinegar...

Help, hair follicle test, used hair from arm pits [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped smoking in January 2012, before that I smoked two to three joints a week. July 7, after a friend died I had a couple of hits off a blunt. Yesterday, apron 49 days from when I last smoked weed, I had to take a hair follicle test for a possible job. I didn't know they were doing hair...

Psychemedics [ 0 Answers ]

Do psychmedics call if your test turn out positive ?

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different...

View more questions Search