Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhall53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 03:51 PM
    What is the cause of my wife's severe pregnancy pains?
    My 34 year old wife is pregnant with our 1st child. She is in week 7 of her pregnancy. She is having severe pain in her upper groin area. She says it is waves of cramping that reach a 7 or 8 on a pain scale of 10 and average around a 20 minute time span. It started as 1 or 2 times a day and now happens 5-7 times a day, beginning a little over a week ago. There is no bleeding at all. We have been to the ER and they did blood and urine tests as well as an ultrasound. Everything came back fine. The baby was where it is supposed to be and even had a heartbeat of 99 beats a minute. They did find a very small sub chorionic hemorrhage which they did not seem too concerned about. Other symptoms are a few bouts of vomiting and she is cold a lot. Our first Doctor appointment isn't until early week 12 and they don't want too see her earlier. Please help.
    jordii Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
    I honestly don't know what the problem might be but if it were me I would probably feel a lot better going to another ER department if this situation is not getting any better. You can never be too careful with your health and that of your baby and you will feel a lot better getting a professional opinion rather than from any of us.

Let us know what happens.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2013, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jordii View Post
    I honestly don't know what the problem might be but if it were me I would probably feel a lot better going to another ER department if this situation is not getting any better. You can never be too careful with your health and that of your baby and you will feel a lot better getting a professional opinion rather than from any of us.

Let us know what happens.
    Did you read the question? They've already been to the hospital, and nothing was found. All the tests came back normal.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2013, 05:34 PM
    To the OP (original poster). We can't diagnose online. If all the tests done at the ER are okay, and the doctors aren't concerned, then your wife should relax and wait until she sees her OBGYN. Unless there's bleeding, in which case she should go back to the ER immediately.

Pregnancy can be uncomfortable. Some women don't handle the discomfort as well as others. It could just be a matter of your wife being... well... a bit of a cry baby to be blunt. Some women just have a higher tolerance for pain, or discomfort, where others say that a paper cut is a 10 out of 10 for pain.
    jordii Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2013, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    To the OP (original poster). We can't diagnose online. If all the tests done at the ER are okay, and the doctors aren't concerned, then your wife should relax and wait until she sees her OBGYN. Unless there's bleeding, in which case she should go back to the ER immediately.

Pregnancy can be uncomfortable. Some women don't handle the discomfort as well as others. It could just be a matter of your wife being....well...a bit of a cry baby to be blunt. Some women just have a higher tolerance for pain, or discomfort, where others say that a paper cut is a 10 out of 10 for pain.

Yes, Alty I did read the original post and if you had read mine you would see that I suggested going to ANOTHER ER so that they can get a second opinion. While posters don't diagnose neither should we be calling people cry babies. Hardly helpful. I stand by my suggestion to put their minds at rest. Perhaps you should stick to people who ask pet questions since you refer to yourself as a "Pet Expert" and not a pregnancy expert.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2013, 05:58 PM
    I agree that you should take her to another ER. At 7 weeks the heartbeat should be much higher than 99 bpm. It actually should be closer to 140. While a subchorionc hemorrhage can resolve, your wife's pain is not normal and can represent a threatened miscarriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe leg and arm pains all my life [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this page and I want to thank all of you in advance who takes time to read my question :) I am 22 years old now, and I have always had problems with my legs and arms. Since childhood I used to occasionally have sore legs, sometimes arms. As I grew older, the problem became...

Severe chest pains while pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to be 16 weeks pregnant on Monday. I have been having severe chest pains for over 6 hours now. Before I found out I was pregnant I was on klonopin (other meds to )... I am diagnosed with anxiety, depression, ADHD, and PTSD and I need to know what is wrong.

Severe abdominal pains normal in pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 weeks pregnant. I've been having severe abdominal pains for the past 3 days. My Dr. Said there's no cause for an alarm since there's no bleeding, spotting or vagina discharge. Is this normal?

Severe Upper Stomach Pains [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, when I woke up Wednesday morning I felt a sharp I guess irritation/pain like feeling in my upper stomach right below my breast bone. It was so bad I could barely get up. I thought it was hunger and I ate and drank something, but that didn't help. It lasted all day and it seems to be worse...

Severe stomich pains [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do anymore! I have been having extream upper stomich pains, upper back pain, nausious, dizziness, sweats at night not to mention diarea I am always tired all the time with really bad headaches and have been gaining weight over these last 4 months although I am bearly eating and...

View more questions Search