Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessica02 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 01:32 PM
    Red hair dye!
    OK,so I dyed my hair red at Christmas(25 December),
    It use to be brown
    ,it was a red dye 28 wash outs (8week wash out)
    I wanted to get rid of this dye after Christmas so washed my hair everyday for about 8 weeks,then I thought oh it will come out in January its now April!
    Its only meant to be a 28 day wash out,will it come out at all?
    How long will I have to wait,will I get my original color back
    HELP,HONEST OPINIONS?
    Georginamaryann Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 07:03 AM
    If my honest the red will not come out, I know a friend who's hair was red and did not wash out just got duller like a darker red. She put a brown dye over it to get rid of it and still her hair has a tint of red in it! It is a very hard colour to get out!
    MaaadMaxine Posts: 45, Reputation: 0
    -

Apr 26, 2013, 07:50 AM
    U might as well strip your hair... And then redye it your natural Colour... But make sure it's perfesionly done because u don't want it damaging and not growing again!. Then it should grow over without tent of red... And it will surely be brittle at the ends.. just deep condition and
    Ask the salonist what u can do.. Hope this helps(:

Apr 26, 2013, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Georginamaryann View Post
    If my honest the red will not come out, I know a friend who's hair was red and did not wash out just got duller like a darker red. She put a brown dye over it to get rid of it and still her hair has a tint of red in it! It is a very hard colour to get out!
    It was only meant to be a 28 day wash out anyway thanks for your opinon,I'm going to strip it in about 5 weeks when I've done some research about it :)

Apr 26, 2013, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaaadMaxine View Post
    u might as well strip your hair... And then redye it your natural Colour... But make sure it's perfesionly done cos u don't want it damaging and not growing again! .. Then it should grow over without tent of red.... And it will surely be brittle at the ends.., just deep condition and
    ask the salonist what u can do.. Hope this helps(:
    I'm going to attempt to strip it myself,thanks for your help.I know wyou suggested doing it at a salon but,I don't have a lot of money to spend x
    MaaadMaxine Posts: 45, Reputation: 0
    -

Apr 26, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Well it won't completely damage your hair! Because I stripped mine twice and dyed it like 15 times since 5th grade!
    It still grows and isn't brittle... It just has split ends like cray to the Z... And this will work... I hope it works for ya(:

~MaaadMaxine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live XXL red turned my hair dark red, shall I dye it again? [ 1 Answers ]

I striped my hair, then dyed it using Live XXL Real Red.. this made my hair go dark red, almost black! Shall I dye my hair using Live XXL Real Red again, will this make it Red or will it make it darker?

I have black hair if I use a permanent red dye will it look red [ 1 Answers ]

If I use a permanent red dye to my black hair will it look red

View more questions Search