Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 14, 2013, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    so they will be fine when we do it to them
    It already happened back in 2004 under President Bush.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2013, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    well for one thing Rove and the Bushies hate the Tea Party .Rove is very much of the Repubic insider club.

Eric Holder is launching a criminal investigation .Why don't you stop being an apologist and admit that this is an over the top terrible thing for any agency to be doing ,let alone the most powerful bureaucracy in government .

Your two isolated examples (and I'll look into them later ) are nothing compared to what appears to be a systemic attempt to intimidate and deny political organizations from their legitimate role in a democracy . Who does the Emperor think he is ? Hugo Chavez ?
    Name one right wing organization that was denied its tax status. There are none! This is about secret money funneled to candidates not yet another right wing holler victim red meat fest.

While you are at it, Google the republicans calling for an investigation of white house leaks after the failed bombing of an American plane by Al-Qaida in Yemen last year. Just a heads up.be careful what you ask for.

There is no such thing as isolated incidence when it comes to you guys going back to Hoover. Scandals and conspiracy instead of jobs?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It already happened back in 2004 under President Bush.
    Really... got evidence of that... because there certainly wasn't any stink raised at the time... because they were busy fabricating things at CBS to blame on Bush that never happened since they had nothing else to whine about.

We all Remember FileGate.. where Hillary was in contempt of court for 9 months for refusing to hand over files compiled illegally on republicans.

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Re NAACP audit :
    No one denied the NAACP tax ID number, nor did they ask probing questions of the NAACP about family members and political positions. You have zero proof that the audit was not legitimate .

And for the Pasadena church... I couldn't care less if they all lost their tax exempt status. I know the left wants the mega churches and the Pat Robertson's of the world to lose their status even as they applaud the long held tradition of the Black church in this country to preach politics from the pulpit.

I find nothing wrong with politics from the pulpit ,except for the tax exempt status which makes the church a defacto "state religion " by the arrangement . Further ,it compromises the independence of the church by accepting the tax breaks.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2013, 04:41 PM
    Very commendable Tom, reality is the Church should stay out of politics just as politics should stay out of the Church. I don't know how that works in reality because both are about human interaction and relationship, but by all means revoke the not for profit exemptions, the additional revenue might bail out the government and the debt but no state religion is good since there was a state religion of sorts in America before the revolution
    Expert

May 14, 2013, 07:15 PM
    You have said that before Tom, and while I applaud your consistency on the matter of church exemptions I think the TParty was not harmed by this extra scrutiny for the same reasons you give about the NAACP was not harmed. They got there tax ID number. Seems the practice was stopped and the wording changed in the SOP.

The president seems to agree with YOU though,

Obama: IRS actions are 'intolerable and inexcusable' – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Imagine that. I still think this tax designation for political groups is no more than political money laundering. Right, or left. Its also pure hypocrisy that the TParty evades scrutiny because they are the Tparty, and still have stop and frisk for black people and papers please for brown people.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 02:51 AM
    Not harmed ? Many of them had their tax status delayed for months during the election cycle ;diminishing their influence in the political process . Many just quit trying .You who make a big deal about the importance of the election process are saying they weren't harmed ? I'll tell you what it was . It is a real time proven suppression of their rights... 1st amendment ,and 14th amendment equal protection clause.
    I still think this tax designation for political groups is no more than political money laundering. Right, or left
    With a flat tax no exemptions this would not be an issue.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You have said that before Tom, and while I applaud your consistency on the matter of church exemptions I think the TParty was not harmed by this extra scrutiny for the same reasons you give about the NAACP was not harmed. They got there tax ID number. Seems the practice was stopped and the wording changed in the SOP.

The president seems to agree with YOU though,

Obama: IRS actions are 'intolerable and inexcusable' – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Imagine that. I still think this tax designation for political groups is no more than political money laundering. Right, or left. Its also pure hypocrisy that the TParty evades scrutiny because they are the Tparty, and still have stop and frisk for black people and papers please for brown people.
    I'm taking bets that this like everything else under President Zero... becomes a superficial investigation... where they claim they found nothing or at most throw some low level underling under the bus to protect the higher ups.
    Expert

May 15, 2013, 04:52 AM
    You don't need a flat tax to eliminate this kind of loophole or money laundering operation. And The Tparty can wait for the process just like anyone else.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 04:54 AM
    Not harmed? Franklin Graham believes his organization was targeted, they had to spend donor money that could have gone to hungry children dealing with the IRS. This goes beyond "oh what did it hurt?" This is a complete betrayal of trust. And this is the same agency tasked with enforcing Zerocare.
    Expert

May 15, 2013, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I'm taking bets that this like everything else under President Zero...becomes a superficial investigation....where they claim they found nothing or at most throw some low level underling under the bus to protect the higher ups.
    I would win my bet that this scandal stuff and impeachment rhetoric was to get your base riled up as an excuse to do nothing in the congress. That's sad we have to wait for a jobs bill while you guys investigate old news.

If you were as good at governing and legislating as you were at obstructionism we wouldn't be here as a country and the sequester would be resolved and a job bill passed and implemented.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 05:03 AM
    Great points Tal
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 05:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I would win my bet that this scandal stuff and impeachment rhetoric was to get your base riled up as an excuse to do nothing in the congress. That's sad we have to wait for a jobs bill while you guys investigate old news.

If you were as good at governing and legislating as you were at obstructionism we wouldn't be here as a country and the sequester would be resolved and a job bill passed and implemented.
    Why does YOUR guy deserve any breaks that Nixon didn't get... your guy has done far more and far worse and we've had to listen about Watergate for how many DECADES now?

Nobody even got a paper cut in Watergate... 4 people DIED in BenghaziGate... Huge numbers of Conservatives had their Civil rights violated by the IRS by Democrat hacks working for Obama... and if they hadn't got caught Illegally getting phone records of AP reporters without the required Subpeonas... the leftist press would be brushing that all under the carpet too.

If YOUR guy (The Kenyan Bozo) actually had the competence to do his job, and focused on actually doing it... instead of acting like some drug dealing thug in Chicago... threatening to get even with anyone and everyone that rejects the Boy-Gods birthright to be King.this country might be in far better shape than it is now.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 05:09 AM
    I can't believe this you haven't moved on from forty years ago, why should I be surprised? You haven't moved on from 240 years ago
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I can't believe this you haven't moved on from forty years ago, why should I be surprised? you haven't moved on from 240 years ago
    When you hear Democrats htrowing that up constantly for the last 40 years... they can expect to get it dished back when their guy gets caught doing far, far worse.

What Nixon did was NOTHING compared to what President Zero has been doing...
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 05:38 AM
    Yeah nothing? Spying on the opposition, candidly I don't see the difference excepting he didn't break into a building
    Expert

May 15, 2013, 05:38 AM
    As bad as you want that to be true, we know its not and the scandals and impeachments you speak of won't happen. Of course that won't stop you from trying since that's been the republican right wing plan from day one.

Its obvious that this I a distraction while the greedy crooks rob us blind.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 05:40 AM
    It's politics Tal and it never changes, never give a sucker an even break
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 05:40 AM
    Tal, odd you keep complaining about how the GOP governs when they're the minority. Your leader thinks governing means a permanent camoaign and image control. How's that working out?
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 05:44 AM
    I start to wonder what is politics today photo ops and big speeches and no progress?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare 2.0 [ 440 Answers ]

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock - Forbes Yeah it's the greedy provider's fault that they have to double rates to cover all the mandates in the plan. Yeah the Obots were slick making sure all the low hanging fruit ;all the carrots like allowing your kids...

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Obamacare's unconstitutional [ 17 Answers ]

That's what U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson said today. He said the mandate requiring people to have medical insurance exceeds all constitutional "logical limitations ". Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News If one part of Obamacare goes down then the whole law...

Alternatives to Obamacare; [ 178 Answers ]

Obamacare, whatever that may be, is unpopular, not cost effective , and offensive to the people it is to care for and from whom paid taxes into this. It is time to move on and look at alternatives to Obamacare and the CURRENT healthcare system we have in place. The ultimate goal being to provide...

View more questions Search