Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Fast food worker and even other minimum wage workers are increasingly striking and protesting here, so yeah they will eventually get a fair value for there time and effort if they stick to it. Reminds me of the good old days and how employer health insurance came about.

Yes we still need unions, more now than before.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:
    To be clear, you got LESS votes than Democrats and only "won" because the districts were gerrymandered...

The truth is, right wing policies were rejected ACROSS the board.

excon
    When the Dems won the House and Senate in 2006 was it gerrymandering too ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 12:05 AM
    Always with the history, move on, this is the post GFC era lots of things have changed, some not so much
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 04:40 AM
    I think Tal and everyone else yammering about a living wage should hire all those 16 year olds for $15 an hour or more and set the example. Come on, you first.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:12 AM
    Hey I agree give them a living wage and force the rich to give up something
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 05:13 AM
    16 year olds? How about those poor working moms, and dads or laid off workers from the places who lost their jobs to overseas cheap labor?
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    16 year olds?? How about those poor working moms, and dads or laid off workers from the places who lost their jobs to overseas cheap labor?
    Be the example, Tal, be the example.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Hey I agree give them a living wage and force the rich to give up something
    And what about that poor working mom that won't be able to afford a Happy Meal any more?
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:17 AM
    Well just maybe she will feed her babies something nutricious
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:23 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Be the example, Tal, be the example.
    I AM the example. I AM the example..

I have ALWAYS paid my employees MORE than the going rate... When waitress's were earning $1.25/hr plus tips, I paid MINE $2.50. That policy has continued to this very day.

Frankly, had I not done that, I wouldn't be the success I am today.. It was my EMPLOYEES who did it for me. I did nothing but hire the right people and paid them what they were worth. We ALL made money.

That's the way I do business. Always have. Always will.

Excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 05:29 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    I AM the example. I AM the example..

I have ALWAYS paid my employees MORE than the going rate... When waitress's were earning $1.25/hr plus tips, I paid MINE $2.50. That policy has continued to this very day.

Frankly, had I not done that, I wouldn't be the success I am today.. It was my EMPLOYEES who did it for me. I did nothing but hire the right people and paid them what they were worth. We ALL made money.

That's the way I do business. Always have. Always will.

excon
    Do you or would you pay a non skilled worker the same wage as a highly skilled worker?

Aren't you also bound by market forces that determine your pricing policy like everyone else?
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:30 AM
    Hey do you think you have to defend yourself ,of course you don't ,we know what these people are like, exploiters, crap merchants why argue with them
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 05:36 AM
    Typical wingers, worried about happy meals when the working poor need so much more. If McDonald's don't keep those happy meals affordable, then they won't sell them in the first place.

Like the pizza guy who was going to raise his pies by 7 cents because of Obama Care. Typical knee jerk right wing conservative illogic.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:41 AM
    Lol, the typical left wing logic is you think you can force businesses to pay a certain wage without consequences. Everything you do, like Obamacare, go do without considering the negative impacts. You think abortion is just protecting choice with no regard for the life of the infant. There are costs to everything, you never consider them.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 05:46 AM
    Hello again, dad:
    Do you or would you pay a non skilled worker the same wage as a highly skilled worker?

Aren't you also bound by market forces that determine your pricing policy like everyone else?
    (1) No, of course not. But, I paid him MORE than anybody else would.

(2) To a degree I was, of course.. But, because I had the BEST product in town, I NAMED my own price, and people paid it.

It's still true today... I am the most expensive consultant I know, and people pay it.

Excon
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Lol, the typical left wing logic is you think you can force businesses to pay a certain wage without consequences. Everything you do, like Obamacare, go do without considering the negative impacts. You think abortion is just protecting choice with no regard for the life of the infant. There are costs to everything, you never consider them.
    You shouldn't have to force business to do the right thing by its workers, and have you considered the negative impacts of being poor, and working two jobs?

What I ain't getting is why you are so self righteous about saving the unborn child, and then treat them like crap after they are born. Dead beat dad is my word for it, what's yours?

Being more specific, wingers rammed through this safety bill for abortion clinics while not expanding Medicaid in Texas. At least buy some happy meals for those poor kids.
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:41 AM
    You shouldn't have to force business to do the right thing by its workers, and have you considered the negative impacts of being poor, and working two jobs?
    Your right they shouldn't but in reality they do. That is why there are labor laws in this country. As far as negative impacts of being poor. Do you actually despise those that are poor so much that you think of them as helpless less then you persons? Why is it so hard to conceive that a person can rise above where they are but moving up the ladder on their own? To you these poor people are stuck where they are without your help. Reality speaks differently.

Being more specific, wingers rammed thru this safety bill for abortion clinics while not expanding Medicaid in Texas. At least buy some happy meals for those poor kids.

Why should they have changed anything about healthcare when its going to change anyway? Isn't Obamacare coming to fruition in 2014? And according to your beloved president Happy Meals are bad for you. How can you suggest such a thing?
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 06:47 AM
    Hello again,

It should be noted that I didn't pay my people lots of money because I cared about my fellow man. I paid them tons of dough because they MADE me tons of dough.

I don't know WHY, but it's an idea that we've lost. I travel across town to get the service I deserve. If I owned a McDonalds, I KNOW that my service would be SOOOOO good, people would drive across town to get it.

If Elliot were here, he'd KNOW what I'm talking about.

excon

PS> I miss that guy..
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:57 AM
    Hello again,

It should be noted that I didn't pay my people lots of money because I cared about my fellow man. I paid them tons of dough because they MADE me tons of dough.

I dunno WHY, but it's an idea that we've lost. I travel across town to get the service I deserve. If I owned a McDonalds, I KNOW that my service would be SOOOOO good, people would drive across town to get it.

If Elliot were here, he'd KNOW what I'm talking about.

excon

PS> I miss that guy..

Im not nor is anyone disputing your business formula. I think it is a good one myself and have pushed that style for years. BUT (yes big but) when it comes to McDonalds and other low skilled jobs you can only go so far before you push the product beyond affordability. If they all made $25 an hour. The rest of us couldn't afford to buy the product. Being the highest value is a good thing. But being the highest cost is not. There is a difference.

Most low wage jobs are considered stepping stones. What we lack now that we used to have is schooling that includes training for a workforce. Not everyone can aford nor wants to go to college. But we do need skilled workers for the future.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2013, 06:57 AM
    Ex we know what you are talking about, now back to the real world

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare 2.0 [ 440 Answers ]

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock - Forbes Yeah it's the greedy provider's fault that they have to double rates to cover all the mandates in the plan. Yeah the Obots were slick making sure all the low hanging fruit ;all the carrots like allowing your kids...

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Obamacare's unconstitutional [ 17 Answers ]

That's what U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson said today. He said the mandate requiring people to have medical insurance exceeds all constitutional "logical limitations ". Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News If one part of Obamacare goes down then the whole law...

Alternatives to Obamacare; [ 178 Answers ]

Obamacare, whatever that may be, is unpopular, not cost effective , and offensive to the people it is to care for and from whom paid taxes into this. It is time to move on and look at alternatives to Obamacare and the CURRENT healthcare system we have in place. The ultimate goal being to provide...

View more questions Search