Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Josskacer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 10:22 PM
    Love of my life/best friend
    I am in love with my best friend of 7 years. It took me awhile because she is cold and emotionally distant but about 3 years ago I noticed I had developed feelings for her. I never would have said anything because she has a boyfriend whom she had a child with and I didn't want to interfere. However, about a year ago she sent me a drunk text message where she confessed that she loved me and I told her I loved her as well. Then the next day she acted like it never happened. She wanted to pretend it never happened and I couldn't let it go. I wanted to discuss things. I wanted to ask her if she meant what she said or was just drunk. She told me to off and we had a falling out. We didn't speak for several months then I started texting her. We saw each other occasionally on campus but never hung out. She texted me that she missed me but I didn't reply. A month or two ago she was accepted to medical school in Baltimore and told me she planned on moving with her boyfriend in July. Last week her boyfriend was out of town and she messaged me and said to come pick her up. We went to a bar and while we sat and drank she started moving closer and touching me. I didn't encourage her in any way bu she leaned over and kissed me. We ended up making out and fooling around and she told me that she always loved me. The next day she texted me and told me it was my fault that she had done that. She was freaked out someone saw us and would tell her boyfriend. Now she is ignoring my texts. I don't know what to do. I love her but think its kind of whorish for her to be professing her love to me while staying with this guy. She is only with him because she needs help supporting her children while she is in med school and he makes a lot of money. My mind tells me that this girl is bad news. She's using people and I know that's a bad sign. But I love her. I don't know what to do. Never contact her again and let it go? Or hold out hope that she will leave this guy and we can be together. Help!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 24, 2013, 10:37 PM
    Let her go.

She's not mature enough to leave her boyfriend. If she really cares for you, she should be a big girl and do the right thing. Cheating on her boyfriend (and face it, making out with you, drunk texting you, etc, is cheating) is not a great quality in a girl.

She has kids with him, she obviously cares enough about him to stay with him. Maybe she is using him, but she's also using you.

She has to fish or cut bait, and frankly, if she cut bait, I still wouldn't take her. She cheats and it's your fault? Who needs that kind of drama?

Find someone better, it shouldn't be hard.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2013, 05:41 AM
    She will not give up medical school for you and she is moving. Your life is stuck because of her. You need to make the right decision and that is stop all contact with her. Otherwise your life will stay stuck. Move on - there are better people for you to associate with.
    nccaitlin91 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Tell her you could find someone else and you don't have time for this. If she is serious she will see what she is about to lose. I could see how she feels "stuck" with this guy because she has a kid with him and because he provides. She needs to know she could lose you and you won't wait forever. Good luck
    Josskacer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Let her go.

She's not mature enough to leave her boyfriend. If she really cares for you, she should be a big girl and do the right thing. Cheating on her boyfriend (and face it, making out with you, drunk texting you, etc, is cheating) is not a great quality in a girl.

She has kids with him, she obviously cares enough about him to stay with him. Maybe she is using him, but she's also using you.

She has to fish or cut bait, and frankly, if she cut bait, I still wouldn't take her. She cheats and it's your fault? Who needs that kind of drama?

Find someone better, it shouldn't be hard.
    Thank you both for your responses. It reinforced what others have told me and what I know in my heart I must do. Thank you for taking the time to respond and offer words of guidance to a total stranger.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Josskacer View Post
    Thank you both for your responses. It reinforced what others have told me and what I know in my heart I must do. Thank you for taking the time to respond and offer words of guidance to a total stranger.
    You're welcome. You deserve better than this. You deserve someone that loves you as much as you love her. You deserve to be the priority in someone's life, not an option.

Good luck.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2013, 09:47 AM
    Regardless of the reason of why she has her boyfriend, the fact stands that she does, respect her and her relationship, if it is meant to be your chance will come, this is not where things are now.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
    You kissed and "made out" with someone who is in a relationship. The person to ask what you should do next is her boyfriend.

Why are willing to settle for second place in her life?

EDIT: Is this the same person who was acting in a "slutty" fashion several months ago? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ay-657593.html

I also note that someone did to you what you are doing to her boyfriend. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...art-74734.html
    Sometimes people learn from their experiences. Other times they do not. You are putting him in the shoes you were in, and I see your question about "me," "me," me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do if the love of my life chooses my best friend over me? [ 1 Answers ]

The boy I really like has just broken up with a girl and is now choosing between me ad my best friend! I love him and would die for him but I don't know what I would do if he picked my best friends. We have decided to leave him to choose but I need advice. HELP! Please! I also forgot to mention...

Want the girl I love and my best friend back in my life [ 4 Answers ]

Need female help her if possible.. my ex girlfriend is telling me in her heart she wants to get back with me and in her heart I'm still her boyfriend and she still loves me very much but she says she has made a choice and she is sticking to it, is there any way I can change her mind is there...

I have been a virgin all these 29 yrs of my life hoping to find the love of my life! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all... This seems really helpful... Here it goes.. I'm a woman 29 yr ol, very pretty and look much younger than my actual age! I always thought having sex is the most special thing you could do with the one you love! But I have still been waiting God knows for what when I have men around me...

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

View more questions Search