Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 09:22 AM
    I am going to try to say this as gently as possible - you have posted 21 times. A lot of time was spent in the beginning trying to give advice based on very little information and a lot of educated (anduneducated) guess work. We all can agree the verdict was unfair.

We all can agree that your son should have hired a private Attorney.

We all can agree that the Police were after-the-fact witnesses.

We call can agree that you will never let this rest.

I just don't think there is any more legal info to added. In fact, I have no idea why this is still in banking and not on a legal thread.

At this point, what do you need from us at AMHD?
    peggys123 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Well maybe if you read back a little you will see that someone wanted to see the transcripts.

If it bothers you that I have posted so many times than do not read these post.

You do not have to post any replies or read this post
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peggys123 View Post
    Well maybe if you read back a little you will see that someone wanted to see the transcripts.

You do not have to post any replies or read this post
    This response was not appropriate. I did not ask for the transcripts, I only said, that without seeing them I can't tell the full story.

But Judy is asking the same question I did. What do you expect from us? As she said, we agree the verdict is unfair. We agree you have the right to be angry and frustrated. But what more do you think we can do?

Jul 1, 2013, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    This response was not appropriate. I did not ask for the transcripts, I only said, that without seeing them I can't tell the full story.

But Judy is asking the same question I did. What do you expect from us? As she said, we agree the verdict is unfair. We agree you have the right to be angry and frustrated. But what more do you think we can do?
    Nothing else. I thank you for the answers. I did get reply. I really thought you were wanting to see the proof in the transcripts when you said that.

I have posted on the law section.

Thanks again
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Nothing else. I thank you for the answers. I did get reply. I really thought you were wanting to see the proof in the transcripts when you said that.

I have posted on the law section.

Thanks again
    Your thread in the Law section was deleted. Please do not ask the same question multiple times.

If needed, this thread can be moved.

Jul 1, 2013, 11:04 AM
    How do I move to criminal law section

Jul 1, 2013, 11:14 AM
    How do I move to criminal law section
    Done

About posting the transcripts, it wasn't a problem and helped give us some insight on what went on in court. But as you have said your son's unfortunate demise ended any chance of appeal. So there is nothing you can do about that miscarriage of justice, but put it behind you and move on.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 11:22 AM
    "Well maybe if you read back a little you will see that someone wanted to see the transcripts.

You do not have to post any replies or read this post"

I don't see that anyone asked you to post the transcripts. I'll re-read.

I realize I can answer when/how/where I want, but thanks for the reminder.

No, what bothers me is that you asked for legal advice (which was based on info which you doled out piece by piece) and now that you have it, now that it's all been explained to you, you seem to want something more.

What else do you want?

If it's emotional support, then I would suggest a therapist as well as a support group.

And my other advice? Grief is a difficult emotion. Anger is much easier to deal with. That's why you are so angry.

I have printed off the pages of the transcript and I have given them to an Attorney I work for. I'm curious to see what he says. I do know he said he could find the case. That's all I know at this point.

He does not think it was as cut and dried as the transcript would indicate - but I don't know why.

And biting the hand(s) that feed(s) you is a big mistake.

Jul 1, 2013, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Done

About posting the transcripts, it wasn't a problem and helped give us some insight on what went on in court. But as you have said your son's unfortunate demise ended any chance of appeal. So there is nothing you can do about that miscarriage of justice, but put it behind you and move on.

It is very hard to put behind and move on. I know something was wrong with this case. I know that when he died so did his case to appeal and I am sure so did others.

Maybe with posting here and other forums might help in saving a life.

Definitely would not recommend a Public Defender

Do you know how or where I would find information to move this post to the criminal law category?

Thank you

Jul 1, 2013, 11:41 AM
    It is very hard to put behind and move on. I know something was wrong with this case. I know that when he died so did his case to appeal and I am sure so did others.

Maybe with posting here and other forums might help in saving a life.

Definitely would not recommend a Public Defender

Do you know how or where I would find information to move this post to the criminal law category?

Thank you
    I know its not easy bit you don't have much choice. You can either stew about it and become very bitter or deal with it. Posting here can help you vent, but not much more than that.

There are good Public Defenders and not so good ones. I'm not so sure that his PD was bad. I would have been surprised that a jury would convict too.

And I already moved it for you.

Jul 1, 2013, 12:58 PM
    Thank you
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 03:15 PM
    If you knew - or thought you knew - that his defense attorney was inadequate why didn't you substitute a "paid" Attorney?

Jul 4, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Jail even after someone else confessed
    My son was convicted of theft. His last appearance before judge was motion to reconsider. Then a confession is brought up. A person says that the convicted person did not do this crime. Judge says this should have been brought up at trial. Motion denied.

The public defender,The states attorney each were given a signed notarized copy of confession. My son was taken back into custody and was going to be transferred to IDOC.

My question(s) Should the public defender folloed up on the confession? Should the prosecutor have followed up on the confession?

Son was convicted of this crime. The person who confessed signed and notarized the confession and was at the motion to reconsider.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2013, 08:02 AM
    I hear this quite often. It seems to me that the authorities do not want to own up to their mistake. Yes you will have to get a lawyer and do whatever you have to to get this fixed.

Jul 4, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I hear this quite often. It seems to me that the authorities do not want to own up to their mistake. Yes you will have to get a lawyer and do whatever you have to to get this fixed.

That is the problem less than 48 hrs after the confession my son was found deceased in a single cell. A wrongful death suit has been filed.

I have spoke to a few attorney and they have said when my son died so did his case.

I am just wondering why nothing has been done about the confession and could anything be done? Seems to me that they do not want to investigate this confession
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 4, 2013, 08:40 AM
    The wrongful death suit will have a big impact on the criminal conviction part.
    Let the lawyer handling the suit take care of it! Why are you contacting other lawyers?
    I am sure you want recourse and to take some action, but this will take time.
    I'm very sorry about the loss of your son, especially this way - I can't imagine.
    (Be aware that the court may very likely take a jaundiced view of the confession. Your lawyer can explain that.)

Jul 4, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Thank you. I am happy with the lawyers I have. I will stop asking questions. I know lawyers will do the right. I guess I just can not believe this happened. Think about it every day

Thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 4, 2013, 11:36 AM
    Contact a local news station or paper too.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2013, 02:54 PM
    My friends boyfriend was killed by the police in the jail cell. They claimed he killed himself. Police cover up for each other. Also there was a big case here with one of the Steelers cousins. He was pulled over and beaten to death by the police. They proved that the policeman had violent tendencies, his girlfriend supposedly killed herself with his gun, etc... it was all covered up and he got away with it. Hope your case has justice.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2013, 08:22 PM
    Hello peggy:
    I have spoke to a few attorney and they have said when my son died so did his case.

I am just wondering why nothing has been done about the confession and could anything be done? Seems to me that they do not want to investigate this confession
    Stop wondering. The lawyer told you the truth. Whether they investigate the confession or not won't change your sons case, and it won't have any effect on your wrongful death suit.

If he died wrongfully, having been convicted properly won't change that.

Excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

ATM card use in the US [ 4 Answers ]

I have used my international ATM card from UOB Singapore in several different countries but cannot find an ATM in America that will take it. Does anyone know of a bank that will?

ATM malfunction [ 5 Answers ]

I went to the ATM put in my card pressed all of the buttons required for 300£ waited for at east five minutes for the money none came out,looked on my online account and find that they have taen 300£ out of my account,I phone up same day they said wait till the Monday,waited still no money in...

Zillionz atm help [ 1 Answers ]

My zillionz ATM won't take bills!if you have a solution please tell me! Thanks!

Atm Card [ 1 Answers ]

I received an sms that if a thief makes you withdraw money at ATM, at gun point. The Pin No should be typed reversly For e.g.. 1234 shall enter as 4321. If it is done so it will alert the police. How far the message is true. How does it works.

Atm fraud [ 15 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any advise on how to find out what atm some one used my bank card o... I called the bank but they only gave me a street... SINCE EVERY ATM HAS A CAMERA I WANT TO SEE WHO USED IT... just in case its an emplyoee where I lost the card

View more questions Search