Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aztect Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2013, 08:03 PM
    Homework question advice: forgery maybe others
    I'm having trouble doing my homework,

Say if a Senior Director who reports to the managing director of company A (take note that Company A has 8 other directors which the chair/CEO of company A was a founder of Company C which Company A is a fully owned subsidiarity of). The senior director and managing director has a limit of $240,000 and $500,000 respectively of entering into a contract on behalf of company A, in which if the contract limit is exceeds the maximum amount of $500,000 then Company A will require the approval of Company C in order to enact the contract.

Now say if the senior director advises company B for a takeover, which B agrees at a discounted price of $500,000 from ($699,023.51), the fee only applies if the takeover is successful, the senior manager then gets the contract from company B at the discount price in which he signs it and then forges the signature of his manager director who he reports to as he had a misadventure. Then the contract is processed, the fee is paid at a discount, however Company A finds out about the forgery and wants company B to pay the full amount.

There are 3 parts to this question

a) is company A bound by the new contract
    b) what would've happened if the senior manager forges the signature of not only the managing director and the CEO.
    c) and if company B knew accurately of the forgery, then would company B, be liable to pay the full fee back due do their knowledge of the forgery and not notifying company A of it?

I have a general idea of the legal issues, but I would like to have some third party views to it, thanks.
    aztect Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2013, 08:14 PM
    Oh if it helps, I'm currently studying corporations law in Australia, and have been learning from the corporations act 2001.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2013, 10:53 AM
    AMHD has a policy of not doing homework.

It boils down to you need to know the law to pass the exams, pass the Boards, practice law.

Your professors are no help with this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homework question.. [ 0 Answers ]

Chelsea went for a walk. At the beginning of her walk, she was traveling 2.3 m/s. Then she began to jog to reach a maximum speed of 4.2 m/s over a 15 second period. Assume that Chelsea’s acceleration was constant. What is her distance per second and what is her acceleration per second?

Homework question [ 1 Answers ]

A patient weighs 27 kg and is prescribed a medication with the dose range of 20-30 mg/kg/day divided into three doses. How many milligrams can the patient take per dose?

Homework Question [ 2 Answers ]

What is the smallest number of cheques needed to settle the following debts, if all debts are paid by cheque? Ann owes Penny $20.00 Penny owes Mary $40.00 Mary owes Claire $60.00 and Claire owes Ann $80.00 Does anybody know the answer. Thank you, Frankie

Homework question [ 2 Answers ]

A forensic psychologist is often hired by the defense or the prosecutor to look at jury selection. What would this psychologist be looking for during voir dire and in his or her investigationsof the jury pool? Why would the items being investigated be important to the defense (or prosection)?

Another homework question [ 2 Answers ]

hi I'm new to this website nice to meet u, I rele need help on this it rele confuses me and seems very difficult so can u help me out? -3=2m-3n 2m+n=-15

View more questions Search