Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hankering Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2013, 02:16 PM
    Will an expunged felony charge show up on a live scan fingerprint background check?
    Will an expunged felony charge show up on a live scan fingerprint background check? I'm hoping to become an insurance agent/underwriter in Texas. Expunged charge was in Louisiana.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Yes, I believe it will.
    What does your expungement say, exactly? Some expungements are visible. It appears that it will show on a background check where licensing is involved, checks by Government/licensing agencies.

"•Expungement means removal of a record from public access but does NOT mean destruction of the record. An expunged record is confidential, but remains available for use by law enforcement agencies, criminal justice agencies, LA State Board of Medical Examiners, LA Board of Nursing, LA State board of Dentistry, LA State Board of Examiners of Psychologists, LA State Board of Social Work Examiners, Emergency Medical Services Certification Commission, LA Attorney Disciplinary Board, Office of Disciplinary Counsel, LA Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions, or any person or entity requesting a record of all criminal arrests and convictions pursuant to RS 15:587.1 (Provision of information to protect children) LA R.S. 44:9 (G)
    •Except to those listed above, after an expungement is granted, the person need not disclose he/she was ever arrested, convicted, or even that the matter was expunged if the expungement was granted. LA R.S. 44:9 (I)
    •If an expungement is granted, then all rights lost by virtue of an arrest and conviction shall be restored to the person and shall be treated in all respects as not having been arrested or convicted unless otherwise provided in 44:9 or the Code of Criminal Procedure Articles 893 and 894. LA R.S. 44:9(E)1(b) and 44:9(E)3(b)
    •Even though all rights are restored after the expungement, a criminal background check by a healthcare provider SHALL include records which would inform a potential employer of any crimes committed. LA R.S. 44:9(E)4" http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc...ungements-2012

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will EXPUNGED conviction show up on Live Scan finger print background check? [ 23 Answers ]

I have a conviction that was expunged. The conviction is from 2002. I have to do a Live Scan fingerprint background check for a very good job opportunity as I am a social worker and work with troubled youth. (the conviction was nothing related to children, abuse, or sexual misconduct). Does anyone...

I was wondering what exactly show up on a live scan fingerprint background check? [ 2 Answers ]

What specifically shows up on a live scan fingerprinting background check? I would like to apply to nursing school and this is the form of background check that is required. I was charged with theft and these charges are dismissed. I do not have a felony or misdemenour* on my record. Does this...

View more questions Search