Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngiesMia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Restitution in a Criminal Case in Ontario
    I was charged in a criminal court and restitution was ordered. There was also a civil suit filed but a settlement was reached before it went to court. Part of the agreement of settling outside of court was that my husband would relinquish fighting for his portion of the equity in our home if they were to agree that this would be considered payment in full of the restitution - they agreed and signed a final release with a statement in there saying the restitution would be considered paid in full. The criminal case was in 2003 and the civil suit settled in 2007. Now I find I cannot get a pardon or waiver as restituion still shows as outstanding. The criminal court seems unable to make a decision to accept a notorized copy of the final release in which it states that restituion is considered paid in full. I have been trying every avenue to get this resolved in the past six months but no one seems to want to take the responsibility to make the decision. Reason: payment was to have been made to the courts and instead was a transfer of property. Where can I turn for help on this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2013, 05:37 PM
    The criminal court will need a transcript and ruling from the judge, not just a notarized copy.
    Ask criminal court to get records of civil court proceedings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Restitution [ 1 Answers ]

If I live in CT but owe restitution to AL if I default can I go to jail? Im not on probation or parole.

Restitution: is spouse liable in a criminal case [ 3 Answers ]

A secretary stole $100,000 +. Has been charged with a felony. The money is gone. Can you go after her husband's assets?

Criminal restitution [ 4 Answers ]

Do you still have to pay restitution if you serve your time in jail? Say, it's too exorbitant of an amount, and it's not paid, and one decides to just go to jail. Are you still liable for it when you get out?

Criminal restitution? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I ask that a criminal restuition paybe dismissed due to inable to pay. When the order was giving I was able to work and I was paying but now I'm disable?

Criminal restitution [ 2 Answers ]

I live in New York, but was convicted and sentenced in New Jersey for a financial crime where there were financial losses to 10 individules, I was senetnced to 4 yrs probation and restitution, My question is can I settle the restitution for less then the full amound due after my probation ends,...

View more questions Search