Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hockeykenzie14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2013, 02:59 PM
    14 140lbs. Female. Help
    I'm a female weighing 140 pounds. I don't like anything in my body anymore and I always suck in so I don't look that fat. I hate my stomach arms and legs. I play hockey but it doesn't do a whole lot. I can't afford special food but I do have a YMCA membership with my aunt. Please help me I'm sick of looking like this
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 22, 2013, 03:20 PM
    Let me guess - you are somewhere between 16 and 22 years old?
    It's common to go through this attention to every little detail of your body. I did it, and I'll bet most girls do it. All you can do is wait for it to pass, like a cold or a stubbed toe. You gradually realize that we all really do come in all shapes and sizes. This requires that you LOOK around you. You also find out that other things in life are much more important, like being friendly, and having interests in what you want to do with your life.
    So.. how old are you?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2013, 03:30 PM
    You are at the perfect "body image" stage, i.e. "my body is awful." At 14, I believed I had the thickest thighs in the USA. (I didn't, it turned out and I realized later.) I also thought I was one of the ugliest girls in my class. I look at old photos now and see that I was one of the cutest.

Like Joy said, get busy with friends and school and various interests, and this too will pass. There will be more stages like this as you mature and enter your 20s and 30s and on and on.

Oh, and I'm 67 now and am at the stage where I don't want to die. You see, the stages never end!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 22, 2013, 04:32 PM
    (I originally said 13 - 18 but for some reason didn't see that you are 14!)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2013, 05:49 PM
    First it is not humanly possible to always "suck it in" so you are looking what you are.

After that, you did not say your height, weight and height go together. I have never meet a teen who thought their weight or shape was correct, teens mature and grow and often some body parts go faster.

Next it is never special food, fad diets do not work, proper eating is what keeps us healthy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can female lions kill another female lion entered their cage in Zoo? [ 2 Answers ]

The incident happened in one of the Zoos. According to one source, female lions attack and kill each other in the zoo, but as the animals are hungry, they attacked and killed one of the female lions. According to the other source, following their instinct of territorial defense the three female...

18 year old female dating a 16 year old female in Virginia [ 9 Answers ]

Im a 18 year old female and my girlfriend is 16 we have been together for 6 months. My birthday is in July and her birthday is in October. Is it OK if we are together?

Why do my 2 female hamsters keep fighting w/ my smallest female hamster? [ 23 Answers ]

I got two female Siberian (Campbell) hamsters a few months ago. I had them mated with my friend's male Siberian Hamster. After a few weeks both of them had babies. Of course I separated them until such time that their babies were old and big enough for all of them to be in the same cage. The only...

View more questions Search