Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisalynn68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Hipaa Privacy Regulations
    Is it a Hipaa violation for medical professionals to take patient files home to work on them?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
    Depends if they allow the contained information to be shared.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hipaa or privacy in the workplace violation? [ 11 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with a condition, and in the process of getting "work" to approve my time off, some fellow managers had lets others know of my condition, by sharing what and why I was out! This had been expressly stated that I did NOT want anyone to know! So needless to say, it is out all over the...

Has my Hipaa privacy been violated? [ 10 Answers ]

My daugther has asthma and recently I have been slack on giving her medicine. So when her asthma begin to act up, I took her to the free clinic. There are two clinics here and my mother works to other one. So, the doctor had the case worker come speak to me about me neglecting to give my child her...

HIPAA regulations violated? [ 1 Answers ]

I am required by law to have physicals due to a license I hold for my job. Does my employer have any right to the records or results of these physicals beyond the doctors statement of pass or fail?

Violation of hipaa privacy [ 14 Answers ]

This past week I received a statement in the mail from our Primary Care, the amount due is $118.00. The date of service is March 28, 2011. I knew that I had done it reaching over my back seat and grabbing my briefcase and lifting it into the front seat. Our PCP said I could have a cortisone shot,...

Protecting HIPAA privacy [ 3 Answers ]

I work in a copy room, I do copy medical records. Right now, there is just me & I have a door that locks, so I can control who comes in when I am printing medical records. In a few months, the copy room will be moved into the mail room, the mail room is not secure, outside vendors come in for pick...

View more questions Search