Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sensei32 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Answered a complaint pretrial set
    Hi, I just wanted to tell you all that the help you gave me in answering the complaint helped me to do it right. Now a pretrial is set and I have no idea how to prepare for it. Any help would once again be appreciated.
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Mar 21, 2007, 03:29 PM
    You have a right to ask for discovery. Put together a document to the attorney and plaintiff asking for proof of the money owed, any and all signed documents, proof of the purchase, proof of their claim for money, a list of witnesses they intend to call. Send a copy of the request for discovery to the attorney and to the court. Send by registered mail return receipt requested. Be sure to list the case number, court, court date, name of plaintiff and defendant in your document.

You want to know what proof they have that they intend to use in court. You have a right to look at this proof before going into court. Ask for information in every possible verbiage so that they can not wiggle out of giving it to you. If they do not provide the information you requested, they can not use it in court against you.

Let us know how everything turns out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Survey that needs to be answered please help [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, :D I am doing a survey: I want to know how many people read the following books: "Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" by Joanne Greenberg "The Diary of Anne Frank" by Anne Frank "Tar Baby" by Toni Morrison

Example of a ANSWER to a Complaint [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got a Complaint today from a Attorney. For a credit card debit I don't remember having this account. And I need to answer the complaint in 21 days but I don't know how.. I also need to have the attorney Validate the debt any example letters out there or any advice on how I do this? Any...

Just a complaint or defamation [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine found a religious origination distributes newspaper published by them at the company he works for. In his opinion, the newspaper is full of lies and extreme issues. So he filed a complaint to the company, trying to ban the newspaper. After investigation, the company came to the...

View more questions Search