Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rebbe17 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 10:42 AM
    So I've decided to wire her 13K, get a travelers check for 5K or so and take 4K in cash. Therefore I won't have to declare it leaving the US and then just not declare it entering China. They say you have to declare anything over 5K USD entering China but everyone says it's pretty much a walk through and not to worry about it. I'll also be getting around any gift tax because I won't be giving her anything over 13K until after we're married.

The only other way to do it would be to take the 4k in cash and then use an ATM to get the rest over. I just don't want to chance my debit card not working.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know how I decided to get the money there.

Thanks for all the help
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 24, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best way to transfer money to a business in China? [ 0 Answers ]

Is Paypal a service that is available for US businesses to send money to a Chinese business? What are the financial requirements for this transfer? What other legal/tax/financial considerations are there in doing this? We need to transfer a relatively small amount (less than $500) for some basic...

What is the best way to transfer money to a business in China? [ 0 Answers ]

A friend of mine wants to work with a Chinese company that is helping her company with some web development work. Is Paypal a good way or do they take too much cut? Is Western Union better?

How can websites make money in China? [ 0 Answers ]

I am interested to know whether Google Adsense and other self-serve ad networks are available for website publishers to use in China and if so what resources are there that would spell this stuff out.

Taxes in China [ 1 Answers ]

If I am coming to Beijing for work will I have to pay taxes?

I got married for money to a chinese national, in china [ 4 Answers ]

I admit, this was a dumb thing to do... it happened in may 2004, and let's just say I was "not in the best state of mind". I also must mention: I ended-up returning (after having real docs signed/ceremony preformed in china), not getting paid, and after hearing from my "liaison" that I would...

View more questions Search