Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ron Handy Man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2013, 04:09 PM
    How do I properly build a retaining wall/stucco wall with wood
    I don't want to use the block/bricks to build a retaining wall, but I would rather frame the retaining wall with wood to construct columns and other feathers (possible insert water fountain into construction). Using rebar to tie in the retaining wall to the existing slab/foundation so that is doesn't shift or move on me later. I hope this clarifies or explains my intentions. Email;[email protected]
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Can you provide a drawing? By feathers, I assume you mean features. And using rebar to tie wood to concrete? Sorry, can't follow your intentions. Height of wall?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retaining Wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have a block retaining wall approx 1.5 metres in height and 12 metres in length. It was rendered and then painted. The paint and even some of the render is now flaking off (in some areas through to the scratchcoat) I suspect the blocks have no membrane down the back of them or a suitable...

Exterior stucco wall [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a new house and our 1 yr home owner warranty will be up by end of May, 09. I notice the metal trim/lath at the bottom of our stucco pillars (yes, all of them) at our outside porch expose to the air. The stucco that was used to cover the metal trim/lath disappear. When I asked the builder...

Retaining wall [ 1 Answers ]

We put in a 24 round above ground pool... our yard is graded and they had to dig 31/2 feet into hillside to level... now we have this ditch sort of likearound 3/4 of pool... what the heck do I do to hold back all the earth from sliding into ditch and the walls of the pool..?

Stucco wall [ 2 Answers ]

We are constructing a stucco fence around the house and I would like to know if it is better to use plywood with tar paper and chicken wire or can we use wonderboard underneath and will stucco attach well to wonderboard?

Retaining wall [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I have a 1.9 metre drop in elevation from my grade line on my home to the back alley and was wondering what the specs of lumber has to be tobuild a retaining wall, sections will still be 8 feet. What size posts and what thickness of planks do I have to use, and finally how far up towards...

View more questions Search