Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drmrtn79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 01:31 PM
    GM Delco Heat Boiler Unit
    I have a old GM Delco Heat Boiler Furnace in my house, and it builds up excessive pressure, and then releases it. This happens repeatedly.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Burner not turning off on the control. Change to lower temp setting. Check for defective control.

Plugged expansion or full tank. Drain tank and refill boiler.

Defective pop off valve (safety control ) replace if unit is running at correct pressure and valves opens.

It is past its prime. You may want to consider getting a more efficient unit.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Pressure cold? Pressure hot? Could be a pressure reducing valve or expansion tank problem. Might want to get a pro.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Wiring hydro air and heat on the blower and boiler [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , I would like to know where do I make the connection on the blower unit for my hydro air - heat, when I use a aquastat to turn on the blower to operate during the heating cycle, is this the correct way of doing this. And also were do I hook up the wires on the boiler side I`am a bit lost when...

Hotwater heat (Boiler) [ 1 Answers ]

I have two zones heating my house,all rooms except one does not receive heat. All rooms on that one zone did not receive heat until I removed the air out of that zone my removing many buckets of water,one room at a time started to receive heat. I believe I removed all the air out of the line but no...

GM-Delco/heat [ 3 Answers ]

GM-Delco/heat, gas. Model #4926 450, house was built in 1959. What are specifications, size BTUs. I don't know how furnace size is rated, could this be 5 tons or less? Thanks for your help

Delco-Heat Conditionair [ 6 Answers ]

If there is someone who can guide me I would appreciate it. I recently bought a house that has a Delco-Heat Condionair by GM. The pilot light is lit, but I can't get the heat to come on. I can't find a switch, directions, or anything else. Am I missing something? Advice will be extremely...

View more questions Search